Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-04-2007, 08:48 PM   #11

Re: Green Christmas - almost White Easter !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hreow
You wore shorts (I think...) when walking Sultan. So there!
You could parcel up some of the snow and send Rover. He didn't get nearly enough this year. Not deep enough to make snow angel-kitties.

I'm sure the flowers will perk up. Pearl hyacinths, Spring-tulips and scilla seem fairly snow-proof, on the whole.
Shorts indeed walking Sultan, but that was in the Summer time...which can't get here too soon to suit me! Am not particularly concerned about the hardy bulbs, but am about the purple rose bush and the hardy blue geraniums that I put in about 10 day ago....they haven't had a change to get well-rooted yet. I covered them with old blankets last night and will do so again tonight...forecast low is 27F ! I would happily send Rover all my snow if I could...he would be more than welcome to it, bless him! Sultan would walk in drizzle (annoyed, with ears back), but not in snow...he disliked it as much as his mom!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
07-04-2007, 08:54 PM   #12

There is one brand of rain that his nibs doesn't like (gets in his ears), but any form of snow is magic. Think a combination of Nurejev and Charlie Chaplin for the falling snowflake dance. I feel about four years old at heart just watching him. And frozen.

Hope the rose and the geraniums take the hints from the cozy blankie and don't go off in a huff. I can see that they would have more of a problem shrugging the snow off.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
07-04-2007, 09:10 PM   #13

How I would love to see the "falling snowflake dance" !! Sounds enchanting! But hard to capture, I would imagine, People who walk cats on leads in the City are accustomed to getting strange looks from people, but none so strange as when the cat is walking in the drizzle ...most cats hate rain as much as if it were raining sulphuric acid! Misty especially!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
07-04-2007, 11:18 PM   #14

I'm sorry that your weather is not as good as ours right now Eileen I so hope that it picks up for you soon!!