Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Moggie
30-06-2006, 11:49 AM   #11

Re: What happens when we die?

hmmmm very intresting points I can understand both sides but am still like stuck of the fence I just cant make my mind up

But i guess I will find out when I die!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Abyssinian tear-aways.
30-06-2006, 12:00 PM   #12

Perhaps because you're trying to make your *mind* up? I think it's more related to faith - so what do you feel?

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 tabbies (Gordon & Ramsay)
30-06-2006, 12:13 PM   #13

I am not religious but I do believe in an afterlife. I used to go to the spiritualist church and they came out with things that amazed me.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: Moggie
30-06-2006, 12:13 PM   #14

thats theres nothing there

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 tabbies (Gordon & Ramsay)
30-06-2006, 12:21 PM   #15

I suppose we will all find out (or not if indeed there is nothing there) but for a lot of people, especially those who have lost someone close, it is a great comfort to believe that there is an afterlife. We talk about Rainbow Bridge when we lose one of our beloved cats. I think it is a great comfort to have these beliefs and I like to think I have loved ones there to greet me when my time comes.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
30-06-2006, 06:36 PM   #16

[quote=Donna All a load of rubbish made up by and to comfort those who are scared of death.[/quote]

Of course you are entitled to your opinion, but I certainly don't believe it is all a load of rubbish made up and you cannot know this with any certainty either!

As a Christian I definitely believe we have eternal life. I see a lot of death as a cancer nurse and have seen and heard some amazing things too.

Catsey Veteran

30-06-2006, 07:05 PM   #17

I take great comfort in "knowing" that there is nothing after. So if you see a lost Aby at rainbow bridge, please help him across... : /

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
30-06-2006, 07:42 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hreow
I take great comfort in "knowing" that there is nothing after. So if you see a lost Aby at rainbow bridge, please help him across... : /
But how do you know there is nothing more?
When aunty avril was not long of this world earlier this year she frequentlly told me of seeing things...doors, stairs, windows, an archway, a 'veil' and hearing the voices of those who she once knew...and as she was actually taking her last breath she was having an in-depth conversation with her husband..and in the place where he was supposedlly sitting was this strange 'cold' feeling.
An uncle i lost in '04...the night before he died the nurses told us of hearing his door SLAM shut in the middle of the night-totally unexplained...he had an explanation, he said his mom had come to visit him (long dead) and when he declined to going with her she went off in a "huff"..the night he died, one of his sisters and her family went off in the hospital after having an argument with my aunt (his wife) and as they reached the car park.."Brenda" felt something distinctlly grab hold of her hand and pull her back...those who were with her said they saw her arm be yanked backwards by nothing-with their own eyes.
At the precise moment this uncle died, only his wife and two of his sisters were with him...the rest of us were in the waiting area..and he died precisley at twenty to elleven at night..and as the clock hand struck a HUGE gust of wind rattled through the corridor...into the waiting area and through a door to the staircases (door opened and closed)..and on its way broke a chair which i happened to be sitting on..this was precisley the moment he died and apparentlly a few minutes before he passed away he was saying to his eldest sister "im going to make on hell of an exit".
There have been MANY personal experience of the afterlife...my own and those of relatives dieing/coming close to dieing and spirtual things in general, however these few stick out in my mind distinctivley

Catsey Veteran

30-06-2006, 07:46 PM   #19

Because I'm utterly convinced that there isn't. That's why I'm comparing it to faith. You can't explain, there isn't a logic, it's just a deep conviction.
(And I'm not saying that it's true for everyone, thus the quotes around "knowing".)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
30-06-2006, 09:52 PM   #20

There's great comfort in believing that you will be reunited with loved ones in the afterlife. One's belief in this can be impossible to explain to others, holding on to this belief in the absence of any direct proof is the measure of faith. I believe that my loved ones who have passed on before me, will be there to meet me when my time comes.