Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
25-10-2008, 04:39 PM   #11

Re: Let me introduce you to Koko

Bless him, he does looks unsure of whats happening, although give him a day or two and he will be under your feet all the time....He is a gorgeous boy...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
25-10-2008, 04:40 PM   #12

Aww, poor little one; all so new and strange, but he'll settle, Has he eaten yet! Cuddles from across the Pond!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
25-10-2008, 05:07 PM   #13

Oh my goodness, Koko is divine!!!! What a beautiful face

I'm sure in a couple of days he'll be just fine. I would maybe leave him in a quiet room with some things from around the house to allow him to familiarise himself with all the scents of animals and people. Keep an eye on him but don't crowd him and keep the children at bay for a bit, just until he's a little more relaxed. Poor baby . . . everything must be so new and different and strange for him.

Catsey Veteran

25-10-2008, 07:53 PM   #14

How is Belle reacting?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
25-10-2008, 08:03 PM   #15

Belle wanted to shake paws with him but he wouldn't come out from the curtain. She kept guard on the stairs and then gave up and went out. He has met Milo and isn't fazed in the slightest which is great considering he hasn't met a dog before.

He is sat in the kitchen crying. He won't eat, won't wee or poo and won't play. He just wants cuddles.
I'm going to let him sleep in a quiet room tonight. Belle has her place now on the bed so don't want to upset her with the new wee fella.

I have noticed his nose is a little runny although he seems bright in himself. Trying not to get overly worried!!!

Catsey Veteran

25-10-2008, 08:10 PM   #16

Good news that the dog hasn't fazed him at all; also that Belle didn't do a hissy-spitty thing! Hopefully after a night's sleep he'll feel a bit more confident, eat and explore.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 3 persians
25-10-2008, 08:14 PM   #17

Welcome Koko!!!

I'm sure he'll be up to no good soon

xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
25-10-2008, 09:33 PM   #18

Oh bless him, he's gorgeous!

My meezer Kiara was exactly the same when she came home and took her a couple of weeks to stop hiding behind the wardrobe, had me looking for her for hours the wee minx!

She's a right fusspot now though so i'm sure he will be fine.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
26-10-2008, 12:03 AM   #19

He looks lovely. I'm sure he'll be fine in no time at all.

When I got my kitten she didn't pee for the first day and pooed the day after. I was almost at the point of calling vet for advice. Since then a few folks have said the same thing so I wouldn't worry too much.

By this time next week you'll be wishing he'd hide under the curtains just for 5 mins peace!

CM

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
26-10-2008, 08:12 AM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by calismum
He looks lovely. I'm sure he'll be fine in no time at all.

When I got my kitten she didn't pee for the first day and pooed the day after. I was almost at the point of calling vet for advice. Since then a few folks have said the same thing so I wouldn't worry too much.

By this time next week you'll be wishing he'd hide under the curtains just for 5 mins peace!

CM
Oh your not kidding. Got myself in a stressed state thinking he was ill last night. I put him in a quiet room and he settled not too bad. Middle of the night I could hear him crying, I couldn't take it much longer so I went in to see him, picked him up, noticed he had eaten his food and used his litter tray, and brought him to our bed. Belle was out ofe the night Grrr!!!

He settled straight away and all he wanted was cuddles. He lay between us all night.

He is like a scared rabbit again this morning now he can hear Poppy.