Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
15-07-2008, 12:27 PM   #11

Re: Litter Locker...

Zooplus are currently doing hte litter locker half price!

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/c...ker/99673#more

I am tempted by this, as the daily trips to the bins outside is a pain - does it really contain ALL odour?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll, 2 Siamese & a Balinese
15-07-2008, 02:00 PM   #12

Hi Meep!

Yes, I have found that it does contain all odour. But if there was a really stinky something in there I'd just empty it and start again

I got mine from Zooplus too on offer

Almost a Veteran Member

15-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #13

Sounds great Very tempted, even though I ordered a furminator last night and waiting for THAT to arrive.

One thing - is it not a bit...icky, with all the poop in the bin kinda going a bit off? I mean, obviously i put each one in an individual sealed bag, but that is ok too?

And do you keep yours near to the litter trays themself?

Thanks!

Catsey Veteran

15-07-2008, 02:11 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by meep
Sounds great Very tempted, even though I ordered a furminator last night and waiting for THAT to arrive.

One thing - is it not a bit...icky, with all the poop in the bin kinda going a bit off? I mean, obviously i put each one in an individual sealed bag, but that is ok too?

And do you keep yours near to the litter trays themself?

Thanks!
Well, I've only been using it a couple of weeks and haven't found it icky My rubbish is collected weekly where I live, so it's not like the poo sits around for long. Plus the bag inside the Litter Locker is tightly tied at both ends and sealed, so there shouldn't be any chance for the poo to get icky.

I keep the Litter Locker stood next to one of the trays.

Hope that helps!

Almost a Veteran Member

15-07-2008, 02:41 PM   #15

Great, it does, thanks charliebubs!

Can I just ask for a bit of explanation on how it actually works. From reading the website I understand that the refill gives ou lots of platic bags to put each individiual poop in them? Or do you put all the poops directly into one big plastic bag and then tie that up tightly and dispose of it after one week?

Catsey Veteran

15-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #16

Okay, it's a plastic box thing with a lid. Inside the lid is a small section where you drop in the waste. Once you have dropped the waste into this section you close the lid. There is a handle on the front of the Litter Locker which you then pull out. This opens up the bottom section, so that the waste drops from the top shelf through to the bottom section. When the handle goes back in, the shelf goes back across and seals off the bottom of the Litter Locker containing the waste.

Inside the bottom is one big bag which all the litter goes into. Once that bag is full you tie a knot in the top and dispose of it in the rubbish.

Phew!! Hope that makes sense!!!!!

Almost a Veteran Member

15-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #17

Makes perfect sense, thanks so much charliebubs! And it sounds like a really good system!

Oh. So. Tempted....

I was in town today for a work meeting and ending up buying a Lush moisturiser and cream soap. Can I really justify buying something ELSE?!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
15-07-2008, 04:09 PM   #18

I have just ordered one! Seems too good an offer to miss hope I am as impressed as you are Charlie!

Catsey Veteran

15-07-2008, 10:45 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran
I have just ordered one! Seems too good an offer to miss hope I am as impressed as you are Charlie!
So do I now that I've bigged it up!!!!!!!!! LOL

Cats owned: Maine Coon
18-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #20

Yeah, I bought one a few months ago, wouldn't be without it now. It really does contain all the smell and saves me using loads of carrier bags! x