Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
08-10-2008, 10:00 PM   #11

Re: Really Angry....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
It will be CM, I have said I want my usual vet nurse next month...
Good - it's traumatic enough.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
08-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #12

I have to say there have been times I've had to scruff a cat to have something done, while working in the vets. We do usually try the hold and see method first, but sometimes there is no option, I do however always ask the owner if they mind. I have only very occasionally had to do it and it has been effective. I think if you do things with confidence, most animals will feed of it and settle, whereas if you are nervous and just grab them it sets them off.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
08-10-2008, 11:20 PM   #13

The other nurses scruff him, but she was down right cruel.....she scruffed him, and sort of twisted her hand, then told him to behave....!!!!None of my boys are used to that kind of treatment, and I certainly will not allow it again.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
08-10-2008, 11:21 PM   #14

Oh, sorry didn't realise that, that is definately not on!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
09-10-2008, 09:37 AM   #15

Oh poor Leo, it makes me so angry and sad for you that your poor boy was hurt and upset like that. I am so protective of my boys, as I'm sure we all are, but to the extent that if OH pushes Darcy off the kitchen worktop I get a bit upset incase it hurt him I know it doesn't really but I hate to see them in pain or upsetness at all. I probably would have demanded right there and then "what are you doing?! you're hurting him!!" and as Yola said, filed a formal complaint.

I hope Leo's all better now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
09-10-2008, 04:55 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by farthing
I have to say there have been times I've had to scruff a cat to have something done, while working in the vets. We do usually try the hold and see method first, but sometimes there is no option, I do however always ask the owner if they mind. I have only very occasionally had to do it and it has been effective. I think if you do things with confidence, most animals will feed of it and settle, whereas if you are nervous and just grab them it sets them off.
I agree. I cannt remember Eva ever being a problem at the vets as a kitten, then i changed vets for Winstons benefit and Eva became a larger cat with attitude but handled correctly she was fine, handled gingerly and with out confidence and patients she has become a feral in the vets.

Sorry to hijack your thread Pat and I am very pleased you let her know that you were unhappy with how she handled Leo.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
09-10-2008, 05:30 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elaine
I agree. I cannt remember Eva ever being a problem at the vets as a kitten, then i changed vets for Winstons benefit and Eva became a larger cat with attitude but handled correctly she was fine, handled gingerly and with out confidence and patients she has become a feral in the vets.

Sorry to hijack your thread Pat and I am very pleased you let her know that you were unhappy with how she handled Leo.
One thing thats makes me really mad, is when someone upsets one of my animals Elaine

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
10-10-2008, 04:36 PM   #18

poor Leo, no wonder you got so angry Pat. Hope he got lots of hugs to make up for it.