Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
04-01-2009, 10:16 PM   #11

Re: 2009 Holidays

Looks lovely Kim, my kind of place!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Imogen BSH
04-01-2009, 10:24 PM   #12

No plans as yet, had a great time in New York last year(which I never got round to posting pics of) but it's really difficult for OH and I to get the same time off
Hopefully we'll be able to get away somewhere sunny though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #13

We're off to SW France end of June. Going on the long ferry from Portsmouth to Santander, so that's my 24 hour cruise
Anyone got any brilliant ideas for a destination for my birthday next xmas? Not long-haul, not skiing, preferably a non christian country, or possibly an eastern christian one which doesn't 'do' 25 Dec.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-01-2009, 10:19 AM   #14

Ever considered Bali,DM? I heard it's romantic as well as beautiful AND there's lots of culture to be done if you get tired of the stunning beaches I haven't been but ex-neighbours went and didn't stop raving about how brilliant it was. Not cheap though . . .

Or a tour of India staying at the old maharajah palaces . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-01-2009, 10:37 AM   #15

I shall do India 'properly' when we are both retired Yola. I am on old romantic about The Raj etc (I blame Paul Scott/The Jewel in the Crown, E M Forster etc etc). On of the things at the top of my 'To do before I die' list is a luxurious train journey in northern India.
Bali is too far - I think the furthest we'd fly is middle east/north Africa/NE US or Newfoundland, 6 hours maximum. That would permit Gambia, where we've been before, and which is a possible. I also fancy Morocco.
We'd balance exotic destinations with ease of travel, which would bring things like a train trip to Nice or Monaco etc. Maybe The Orient Express?
So many possibilities, good thing there's plenty of time.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-01-2009, 01:50 PM   #16

How about Egypt? Plenty to see there, especially around the Luxor area, you can even take a trip to the pyramids or Aswan. Not too long a flight, 5 hours.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
05-01-2009, 02:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Looks lovely Kim, my kind of place!
You would live it Moli. Carol & Trevor are so friendly and laid back. Definitely a haven for dogs and their owners!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-01-2009, 08:26 PM   #18

Here are the links to where we are going...all dog friendly.
March is Cornwall http://www.sykescottages.co.uk/cottages/1939.php

June is Sommerset http://cherrytreefarm.info/index2.html

Kim I was looking at dumpledale farm cottages I liked the look of Wyns cottage. Considering it, also considering a long weekend Whitby way.

And would like to have a week at least where there is sunshine leaving Sal *shock horror* with Mom and Dad...all the other holidays obviously include her.

And would like some short breaks, during the year too. Prague, Budapest etc etc etc

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-01-2009, 11:22 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinahsmum
I shall do India 'properly' when we are both retired Yola. I am on old romantic about The Raj etc (I blame Paul Scott/The Jewel in the Crown, E M Forster etc etc). On of the things at the top of my 'To do before I die' list is a luxurious train journey in northern India.
Bali is too far - I think the furthest we'd fly is middle east/north Africa/NE US or Newfoundland, 6 hours maximum. That would permit Gambia, where we've been before, and which is a possible. I also fancy Morocco.
We'd balance exotic destinations with ease of travel, which would bring things like a train trip to Nice or Monaco etc. Maybe The Orient Express?
So many possibilities, good thing there's plenty of time.
DM, can't recommend NE US if you want to get away from overcommercialized Christmas!

Share your interest in the Raj era; sure you've read The Far Pavillions and any of John Masters.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
06-01-2009, 05:53 PM   #20

Kazz, Wynns cottage was being built while we were there last time, it does look lovely on the website. The jacuzzi and pool are a nice addition to the holiday. Carol & Trevor usually invite everyone from the cottages to their place for a meal or barbecue, depending on the weather, dogs are invited too. Rudy wee'd up the wall in her house and she didn't bother at all! Trevor even clipped Rudy's nails before we left! They will dog sit if you want to go out for the day, I really can't recommend it highly enough!