Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Junior

Cats owned: 2 cats
07-04-2009, 11:23 AM   #11

Re: Cat names

My favourite cat name was Riff Raff (I am a Rocky Horror fan as you may have guessed from my nick lol), she was a stray that landed at my parents house some years ago. Unfortunately she had to be put down after an RTA, we only had her a year, but she was the most gorgeous smokey grey and white long hair.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-04-2009, 11:31 AM   #12

I've always wanted a marmalade boy cat and was convinced that he would be called Robertson or Chivers. But, when I finally got him, he turned out to be Chester

I've no other names stored up for future arrivals, though if I ever have a Siamese boy come to live with me I shall take a lot of time to get the perfect name for him.
Otherwise, and if the idea which is in my head that there will be no more cats for a decade or more comes true, and then they will be the black or b&w rescue cats which others ignore, I may stick to 'waiter/butler' names - Alfred, Charles, Arthur etc etc

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
08-04-2009, 12:07 PM   #13

Not for cats as the last 4 cats I didn't really bank on having, they just came along really and I have no plans for any more in the next 2 decades so non for cats, however...

DOGS! My next 2 dogs names are set. A male Weimaraner and he will be Oakleigh and a male Rottie who will be Austin. Not for another 5 years or more at least but these names have been picked out for some time now! Just spurred me on to write this as I saw pooky had a cat with the same name of Oakleigh and I have never heard of a pet called this before I thought of it and now I have!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
08-04-2009, 12:11 PM   #14

Good names
Borderdawn is very good at names too! She hasn't posted here yet

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
10-04-2009, 02:38 AM   #15

Think it would depend if I had my current three, as it would have to fit with this seeming old fashioned strong theme (Clementine, William & Maxwell).
Always said if I had a siamese he would be Pharos (pronounced fair-rosse), think if I had a smart black cat I'd fancy something almost biblical! And after the infamous Dick King-Smith novel character, since the age of five i've wanted a tortie and white (vivi colours, lots to the face) to name Dulcie-Maude; hopefully she wouldn't produce 104 kittens as her character namesake did though!