Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
26-03-2009, 12:01 PM   #11

Re: When to adopt again...ie... when to get another cat

Hello Jo - I'm pleased that you have met the new love of your life.

Name - well, something will probably evolve, and as the old saying goes, all cats need at least 3 names!
Jaffa? (Do you have Jaffa oranges in Oz? Probably not - I think it delineates Israeli fruit)
Clemmie (for clementine)
Mandy (mandarin)
Harri is a perfectly good name for a girlie
OC is good too

Look forward to seeing pics when the technology allows

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
26-03-2009, 12:16 PM   #12

Oh - great good wishes to you and whatever you decide to call your new little girlie. I can't wait for the pictures, she sounds so cute. Princess Harriet sounds good to me!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
26-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #13

I'm so happy to hear the news! She sounds like a little darling, can't wait for pics. OC is a good name, or, if she's feisty, how about Taz, for the Tasmanian devil? There was a female one in the cartoons also! What does George think?

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
26-03-2009, 07:01 PM   #14

Lovely news and looking forward to seeing lots of pictures.

How about Tango or Chivers? (Brand of Marmalade here in the UK)

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Maine Coons
26-03-2009, 08:27 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie
Lovely news and looking forward to seeing lots of pictures.

How about Tango or Chivers? (Brand of Marmalade here in the UK)
I like Tango thats a good name Natalie

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
28-03-2009, 12:55 AM   #16

Ok... computer is back... and i have loaded pictres...first of all.. George... given that he is now the senior feline member of our household..this first one of George was wehn we brought him home from the RSPCA at 12 weeks

the next two are of George and Tinky Winky.. Tinky looking at George with disdain and George at Tinky with complete adoration... and the next is what Cait always calles the baptising photo..

the next one of george was taken a couple of years ago... he loves sitting like this on the back of a chair or couch...

and finally this one was taken about 6 weeks ago... a close up of his beautiful face

Almost a Veteran Member

28-03-2009, 01:11 AM   #17

now... for pictures of our newest baby...
Princess Harri
When we brought her home on Thursday night.. George wasn't really impressed... he hissed at her a couple of times... but has taken to following her around...we are keeping a very close eye on them both... he IS curious about her.. and she is getting closer to him... and now he is starting to get close to her and sniff her... and only hissing a few times a day instead of every tme he sees her...
We are giving him lots of cuddles on his own.... and praise when he sniffs and doesn't hiss.. so there's not much more we can do at this point... he's getting better as each day progresses.. and im sure that he will be fine in a few days time
Harri is settling in... i am taking her back to RSPCA today for some meds...she started sneezing last night and her eyes are a tiny bit gunky this morning... .one of the benefits of adopting from the RSPCA is that for the first few weeks they get free VEt care for things like cat flu... so we will nip that in the bud right away... will have to keep a check on George... he had his annual immunisation 2 weeks ago... so hopefully he will not get it... fingers crossed on that one...
and now for the pics....Introducing Princess Harri

this first one you can see where she has been speyed... she still has 3 tiny stitches in... they will come out in about another 6 days.

She is very good at using the tray.... no accidents as yet... so far so good.. she is eating and drinking well and is settling in well... her favorite place to sleep is on the bed with me.. (im so thankful for that... ) she has a VERY LOUD motor...i actually think she is going to be a bit of a talker... as she is very vocal

that's about all from here

Jo, George and Princess Harri

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
28-03-2009, 02:38 AM   #18

Hey, Jo, glad the computer's up now and you could share those pics, George is a beauty. love his green eyes, facial markings and that lovely bushy tail. And all I can say about Princess Harri is awwww!! What a cutie; sounds as if she's settled in well and she and George will get along. And so nice that she's sleeping with you; am I correct in assuming that George sleeps with Cait? Look forward to lots more pics and stories about how she's doing. My Princess Leia sends purrs to both, she says it's nice to have fellow royalty here (spoiled puss! )

Almost a Veteran Member

28-03-2009, 03:12 AM   #19

Hey Dandysmom,
Thanks for your post... Georgie is a handsome boy..AND he knows it! but for all that he is a goof ball as well and I am very confident that he will warm to Harri..He does tend to sleep in Cait's room but he's not really a bed sleeper... he's one of those cats that always wants his tummy rubbed and likes to be nearby but not really on top of you... Unless of course he decides that he feels like it at that particular moment... then you had better feel like it too! He does hang out a lot in Caits room when she is doing homework or watching TV in there... or if she's watching the TV inthe family room then he will be curled up on the couch next to her.. in any case she is def his favorite

As for Harri, i just took this other pic of her... witht he flash... she is a cutie and a cuddly one at that

Jo, George and Princess Harri

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
28-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #20

I love them both! George is a lovely boy - what a handsome face and as for your little newbie, she is such a beautiful colour and a real heart stealer! It was also lovely to see photos of your Tinky Winky - what a fine fellow he was and that "baptismal" shot is just right.

I am always amazed to see that a cat's skin has stripes just like their fur! Silly to be amazed, but I still am.

Hope George and Princess Hari continue to decide that they are going to get along fine.