Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: .
Luke is Male
24-08-2009, 12:56 PM   #11

Re: Is this normal ?

Yes they do hear, cept for its William the nancy boy who's always getting beat up by other cats, and Maxwell and Clementine wade in like part of the sopranos.
All three however, patrol the "perimeters" of the house and garden threatningly in waning to other cats, its like living in fort knox

Banned

Cats owned: N/A
24-08-2009, 01:32 PM   #12

I think this is enchanting that your boys are acting as boncers for your girls...
I have INDOOR cats, so have never seen this type of behaviour!
As an other poster said, you should video/mobile phone cam this, and post it on Youtube. You could make a fortune and get on the telly with clips like that!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-08-2009, 01:38 PM   #13

All my 5 boys tend to stick up her each other when in the garden............apart from Merlin..who first sign of trouble..runs and hides..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
24-08-2009, 01:41 PM   #14

Yes all mine do. They stalk the shop and if one gets harrased my another cat they go up to help. They even do it with dogs especially Maisey. We hadnt had her long she was out with all the others when i went to take my neighbours chocolate labrador for a walk. I didnt get passed the drive before she arched her back and dived at her she caught her nose. The poor dog now is scared stiff off our cats now and crosses the road if she see's any of them. Love to see the video

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
24-08-2009, 01:47 PM   #15

Mine usually team up against the dogs.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
24-08-2009, 01:52 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by random
Mine usually team up against the dogs.
Merlin is a master at giving the dogs thick ears, he sits in front of them, smack round each ear them walks off..Poor dogs haven't even done anything...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
24-08-2009, 02:59 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Merlin is a master at giving the dogs thick ears, he sits in front of them, smack round each ear them walks off..Poor dogs haven't even done anything...
If someone knocks the door and mine start barking they get a clip off any one of the girls for it, they don't like the dogs barking at all! "SHUT UP!" *smack* works though!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: torty
John is Male
24-08-2009, 10:03 PM   #18

My friends have a springer spaniel likes to sit in the chair by the window..Alfie the cat comes in walks up to the chair. looks at the dog .as tho to say. make friends with the carpet, dog jumps down. Alfie the cat gets the chair..so funny to watch..

Fondly Remembered

Cats owned: Black/Tortie/Tabby/B&W
Phil is Male
25-08-2009, 11:57 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Hiya Phil

Welcome to Catsey, I never knew you had cats and beautiful ones at that...are you staying....?? your pictures are great as always by the way.

Regards to the "teaming together" Yeap I've seen it and experienced it with my two oldies too...I wonder if its soemthing that come about with the close bond they have a they get older like married couples reading each others minds...
Anyhow mine was with Oscar and Cleo bother and sister Cleo was like your Chippy and small cat her brother Oscar was at least 1/2 again her size and weight...he was the street thug...in his youth..but still nbothered in his twilight years. There was a Tom cat who took to attacking Cleo and she screamed, but I don't think he hurt her (scaredher yes)
Anyhow after a while (this wasn't regular as the cat was a unneuured Tom who came and went)

And anyhow one day Oz was asleep on the bed and Cleo ran inside....next thing you know O is down the stairs...and on the cat like a demented soul....thats the last time the Tom bothered Cleo in fact he used to travel as far from my garden as he could and once was spotted avoiding Cleo by keeping close to the wall Cleo of course went back to her fav sleeping place in the sun....confident Oz would protect her.

Mind you she also had the dogs to protect her too if she stayed in the confines of the garden...but she didn't over the walks garden was her desired sleeping spot.
The dog thing is a good point.

Although the 'girls run home to lead their chasers to the boys - I just wonder if it's perhaps the dogs that they're employing It could be that they know that it's a dog zone which they themselves are safe in ???