Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
20-05-2008, 08:01 PM   #11

Re: The Wasp!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yola
Eileen - that is EXACTLY the brute that we had . . . about 2 inches long is about right, and he was that orangey colour. I think it's about the 6th time that they've slung him out only to have to do it again the next day
I think after the second time I'd just have stomped him!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
20-05-2008, 08:54 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Moli, what kind of nest is it making? Is it a mud-dauber one or a paper one? Apparently it's determined to build in your shed; the catch and release doesn't seem to be working. If I were you I'd get the wasp spray and then spray it at night while it's sleeping; that's what I've done.

I'm allergic to bee/wasp stings also, not the really severe allergy that sends you into anaphylactic (sp?) shock, but I get horrible huge swellings and need to go to the ER for a shot!

We have an enormous hornet here called a cicada killer..I'll see if I can find a pic...it's scary! Almost two inches long!

It was making a paper nest DM, checked on the net, and it said if its nest was destroyed, she would make one somewhere else, luckily she has not returned....

Catsey Veteran

20-05-2008, 09:08 PM   #13

Good news,Moli!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
21-05-2008, 11:33 AM   #14

I guess it must have been a Queen wasp Moli - what a good thing you got rid of her at the beginning or you would have had all her progeny in your shed too!

Thanks for clarifying the katydid question, Eileen. I like crickets and grasshoppers. We get quite a lot of them, especially grasshoppers, here - late July/August. They do tend to come indoors by mistake, but they are never a chore to scoop up and put outside again.

Catsey Veteran

21-05-2008, 04:15 PM   #15

Cats love grasshoppers! All of mine have loved chasing them out in the back garden, harnesses and all...they jump so nicely when poked with a paw! Most of them get away but the occasional one gets eaten... yuk!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
21-05-2008, 04:22 PM   #16

If she does come back Moli just kill it