Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
19-05-2009, 04:31 PM   #11

Re: Tuesday daily chat

Hi, all! We're having a rain free week so far: glorious blue skies, wind has died down and it's 18C now with more warming by afternoon; much nicer than all the rain (which was needed.) The tomatoes, basil and peppers in my small plot are doing well; haven't put in the scallions or beans yet. Maybe by the weekend if the warm trend continues. My friend Carolyn came for a visit yesterday; she just had surgery to remove a skin cancer on her nose (same surgery I had a few years back), and looks awful now, but they got it all! And she needed a cat cuddle, which Leia nicely provided. The board of diretors at her condo is cracking down on forbidden pets, so it looks like no cat for her in the near future... No other news here, just the usual market run.

Hope it stops raining there for a while!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
19-05-2009, 04:45 PM   #12

Can't Carolyn just move......I mean why live in the same building as people who don't want pets..........*shudder*

Seriously I am glad she is okay though, and they caught it all. And just tell her I said beauty is only skin deep.....but kind hearts last for ever....

Catsey Veteran

19-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #13

Kazz, she bought her flat when the market was down; prices have started turning up again so not the best time to buy now. Also, with her mother being unwell she's having to travel to Oklahoma quite a bit; but is definitely thinking about moving when and if ..... she was touched when I passed your message along.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
19-05-2009, 04:58 PM   #14

I am also very glad that Carolyn's doctors have managed to get it all. That must be reassuring. So glad Leia gave her a much needed cuddle.

I also wonder about people who love animals but live in places where they are not allowed. MIL's carer lives in rented accom where cats are not allowed. They did kindly make an exception for this lady's elderly cat to see out it's days with her but of course she is not allowed to have any more cat/s/kittens, which is why I have the offer of her friend's ........ so it's an ill wind, as they say.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
19-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #15

Hi all

Wet, windy, wet yuk.

Nothing much else going on.

QUite envious of all those strawberries - didn't try any this year.

Hope Cassie continues to improve Mags.

Angieh - what did you have for lunch - I got caught in meetings and ended up with a mars bar

DM - glad Carolyn is ok after her surgery, and well done to the princess for providing that cuddle. I can only echo the above about non pet loving apartments etc. - don't they know what they're missing

Off to have a browse -

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
19-05-2009, 07:06 PM   #16

Hi All! Late starting as usual after my day sleep after nights, but have another shift in 2 hours so here goes. It must be awful to face the prospect of life in sheltered accom. where your pets can't be with you , hope more homes have a more enlightened view now. It's proven that caring for animals improves quality of life. Where old folks have to leave behind treasured animal companions it's very sad, it must lower their life expectancy, with that added grief.

Glad for Yola that business is good and that the old college mate gave her ego a good massage nice one !

Catsey Veteran

19-05-2009, 08:24 PM   #17

Forgot to say I'm happy that Cassie is back to her normal self!