Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
13-05-2009, 02:12 PM   #11

Re: Grey, grey Wednesday

Hate to say it, but we have a beautiful day here, not a cloud in the sky, thats 3 in a row, probably snow next week!!!!
Sorry to hear of Misty DM....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-05-2009, 03:16 PM   #12

Condolences to your mum DM, and you of course. Family pets are so dear to us, enriching our lives in small ways.
I know that soon we will be saying goodbye to our beloved Bron, she's old and tired, she sleeps lots and is no trouble but her presence is here. I'd give anything to have her old bouncy self back, to shout at her again to "Get down", to have her constantly begging food. She's not in pain, is on lots of meds and thumps her tail when you pass her, but she looks so wistful. Oh Dear ... now for some thing completely different!

It's a day off work for me, although I'm meeting up with colleagues later on at a Mexican for a meal to celebrate a retirement. The rain has stopped for a minute but low grey cloud sticking fast. Roll on (proper) summer!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
13-05-2009, 03:51 PM   #13

Morning all. Off to surgeon's appt with OH and then to pick up Baby Bear's meds at the vet. Hope you are all having a good one

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-05-2009, 04:19 PM   #14

Oh good luck Tink, to you and your OH.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-05-2009, 04:43 PM   #15

DM, sorry about your Mum's loss. The house will feel so empty now... Tink, thinking of you and your OH, please do let us know what's happening. Jo, when will you be coming to the UK?

We're having a nice Spring day for a change, blue sunny skies, little wind and more seasonable...18C now. But the forecast is for t'storms from tomorrow afternoon thru the weekend! Our Safeway is closed for rebuilding so had to bus up to the Giant for Leia's favorite Elegant Medleys chicken; she refuses to eat any of the healthy brands at Fresh Fields ....

Angie, I'd PM you some questions tonight for the quiz, but then I could answer them...not fair! I'm sure you'll come up with some good ones!

Hope the weather clears and that it's a good day for all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
13-05-2009, 05:36 PM   #16

I was thinking that Eileen - I could send Angie a raft of questions but as I'm going to be doing my best to be at the quiz it rather defeats the object!

The only time I was quiz mistress (ooo - sounds rather raunchy) I scoured all my books and also used local history knowledge . . . but I suppose clever ol' Ang has been hosting the quiz so many times she's exhausted even her vast repertoire of information

I'm sure she'll come up with some super questions though

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
13-05-2009, 06:55 PM   #17

Well, OH needs a mechanical replacement of his ascending aorta and his aortic valve. He needs to see a cardiologist and hematologist for further testing. They are actually going to have to stop his heart to do the replacement and they want to make sure he can survive this high tech surgery before they give the go ahead. He would be in ICU for a week after and could not do any heavy lifting for eight weeks after. We're thinking we'll do the surgery in about a month assuming all tests confirm go ahead to perform this.
Picked up Baby Bear's Epakitin at the vet..anyone try this for a kitty in renal failure before?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
13-05-2009, 07:49 PM   #18

Well, it's a relief in one way to know exactly what it is and what can be done ...the uncertainty can be so worrying. Fingers crossed that the tests will confirm it can be done. and the sooner the better. I suspect you'll have a problem keeping him from trying to overdo too soon! (((hugs))), will keep you in my prayers.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
13-05-2009, 07:53 PM   #19

.... as will I Tink xxx