Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
15-07-2008, 09:57 PM   #11

Re: How is Merlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
Not sure about something to make his fur grow...I could send you down some of Northern Merlins fur, he has way too much at the mo! .
Really pleased to hear he is recovering and putting on weight...
It's madness here with loose hair at the moment too, like tumble weed down the hall daily!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
16-07-2008, 11:01 AM   #12

Merlin sends purrrrrrs and thanks to his kind Catsey aunties for their suggestions. He wonders if his mum will take the hint about the obviously good oil to be found in a tin of salmon? (Of course she will, next time a tin is opened for humans!)

Merlin had a very distinct stripe in his fur right across the front of his chest just under his neck. I find it quite intriguing to see that his skin is dark in the stripe line. Obvious perhaps, but amazing to me! Not often we see them "au naturel".

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-07-2008, 04:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by angieh
Merlin sends purrrrrrs and thanks to his kind Catsey aunties for their suggestions. He wonders if his mum will take the hint about the obviously good oil to be found in a tin of salmon? (Of course she will, next time a tin is opened for humans!)

Merlin had a very distinct stripe in his fur right across the front of his chest just under his neck. I find it quite intriguing to see that his skin is dark in the stripe line. Obvious perhaps, but amazing to me! Not often we see them "au naturel".
Angie, that astounded me too when I first saw it! When Misty was spayed they shaved a rather large area on her tum and I could not believe that her skin was white under the light fur and grey under the dark fur! I've never seen a shaved tortie (Patches was spayed before I got her); would love to know if it's the same, especially with the brindled ones!

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
16-07-2008, 05:46 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Angie, that astounded me too when I first saw it! When Misty was spayed they shaved a rather large area on her tum and I could not believe that her skin was white under the light fur and grey under the dark fur! I've never seen a shaved tortie (Patches was spayed before I got her); would love to know if it's the same, especially with the brindled ones!

Cassie's skin is black under her black fur, white under the white fur and a beige colour under the ginger ............ she would look like a map of the world if she ever lost all her fur!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mags
[/b]
Cassie's skin is black under her black fur, white under the white fur and a beige colour under the ginger ............ she would look like a map of the world if she ever lost all her fur!
Thanks for that. Mags! I did wonder; now I know! I am trying to visualize a completely bald Cassie .... boggles the mind!