Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
11-07-2008, 04:20 PM   #11

Re: important vet visit friday

Me also, Tink. .....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
12-07-2008, 01:54 AM   #12

The vet's opinion is that his cyst is possibly apt and vulnerable to a sinus infection. He gave a very heavy duty antibiotic injection, we upped the prednisilone from half a pill a day to two pills twice a day, and he gave me antibiotic by the name of Baytril to give once daily as well.

The vet's opinion is not to give up yet till we see if his condition improves and he can still enjoy some more time. We are giving him a week and I have an appointment set up for next Friday afternoon. This week will determine if he wants to fight or if he wants to pass on. If he does not improve, the vet thinks it may be at the point where we've done all we can. But the least we can do is give him a chance this week and do all we can and we will see how it goes.

He laid in the sun today and basked next to me. I have taken some pictures and video that I will upload shortly for you to see. His swelling is up and the vet said we can't do anything for the cyst at this point besides the meds so you will see his face is slightly swollen but not terrible..just not as good as when he first came here and improved.

Whatever is meant to happen will happen and I feel confident that this week will leave us with no doubts about what the right thing to do is.

He is resting now and hopefully the strong antibiotic injection will give him a little kick to his immune system and he'll perk up.

Thank you all for your thoughts. I feel better that it will be Tigger's decision and not solely mind with not much information. Let's see how it goes...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
12-07-2008, 11:02 AM   #13

I think your vet has been very kind to take the decision he has Tink. At least it gives you more time to decide and as yet Tigger is not in pain, maybe you and your partner can spend some quality time together and make plans.
It's going to be hard, but you have the strength and comfort from your loved ones and of course us here on the forum.
Stay in touch, blessings, Nette x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Raggie and BSH
12-07-2008, 11:37 AM   #14

At lease you have some more special time with him. Who knows he may be ok. Lets hope so. Thinking about you xx

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
12-07-2008, 12:39 PM   #15

Healing vibes for Tigger - antibiotics can work wonders. Fingers crossed.

Catsey Veteran

12-07-2008, 04:25 PM   #16

You must have an excellent vet! I like the way (s)he''s suggested you handle things; and your decision to let Tigger pretty much make the choice. But am praying that the antibiotics will work and that you'll have more time with the dear old boy. Healing vibes here too, and prayers. (((hugs)))

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
12-07-2008, 05:29 PM   #17

It's good to hear the vet is doing all he possibly can for Tigger........I hope you see some difference with him having the stronger AB injection .

You have been marvellous Tink, you have fought for the best for Tigger whereas many people would have given up.

Enjoy Tigger this coming week and whatever the outcome is now, you have done your very best for him ......and Tigger will let you know when enough is enough. No need to blame yourself for anything, be proud that you have done your utmost for him these past 4 months and cherish the memories you have of him..

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
12-07-2008, 08:39 PM   #18

Good news today...well actually since last night..the swelling looks smaller and he is talking up a storm! he's actually being a little pest (i say that lovingly) and following me around making demands..this is great! i HAD to let you know!!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

12-07-2008, 08:43 PM   #19

Wonderful! Thanks for sharing that; I know I'm not the only one to be delighted!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 beautiful rescues.
13-07-2008, 08:44 AM   #20

fab news Tink He's a little trooper is that Tigger