Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-11-2008, 05:33 PM   #11

Re: Good morning Sunday.

Miserable weather here also; rain since sometime in the night and will continue all day; very raw and cold, 3C and wind chill -1! Have not been able to test the transitional lenses in my new glasses, as the sun has not been seen since I got them yesterday! Am curious to see how dark they will get in the sunshine. Definitely a day to stay indoors and warm; having a nice hearty meal of ham and cabbage tonight. I need to get started on my cards too, especially the overseas ones. So, nothng really to report on here.

Sty warm and dry, everyone.....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-11-2008, 05:37 PM   #12

I'm glad Dinah and I got out early - it has become a filthy day again, cold, Easterly wind and constant niggling damp. Yuk. But the fire is going nicely, I have the dregs of Friday's bottle of wine, so life's not so bad.

I forgot to report earlier that the lottery tickets didn't work - he'll have to dream the numbers as well as the amount next time!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
30-11-2008, 05:39 PM   #13

What a pity, DM. What would have you bought/done with the winnings had you been so lucky? Me .....a Mac laptop!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: None
30-11-2008, 05:53 PM   #14

Evening all! have been asbsent for quite a few days, work has been mad busy and I've not been at a computer really. But got a few mins to catch up now!

It's absolutely baltic here, -1 at the moment. Really frosty outside and a very chilly mist as well. The boys are snug in their beds, which are pressed up against the radiator. Thank goodness I got them for them before this cold spell hit!

I'm off up to Aberdeen tomorrow night for two nights, more work things. Then friends are staying next weekend; haven't had time to myself in about 2 weeks madness!

hope everyone is well and keeping happy I don't have time to catch up with all threads, sorry again!

Angie, I hadn't heard of Wallnder till now but just looked it up on Radiotimes and it looks good so may give it a go

My reading of the Book Club book has been awful, simply because I've not had 2 minutjes to myself. Working all day then late night events straight after work until 1am some nights! Must catch up on that this afternoon...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
30-11-2008, 05:53 PM   #15

I think the jackpot was £6.5m last night DM
By chance, the local paper showed a farm for sale at £1.65m, in a place we'd really like (think River Cottage, British folk) main residence with Great Hall etc, a 4 bed cottage a 3 bed annexe and numerous outbuildings plus barns.
We would have snapped it up, made provision for the grannies to join us, should they want, and installed a farm manager to look after the place. I think I'd concentrate on sheep and goats for dairy, with a meat sideline (the boys, poor things)
Paid off my childrens' mortgages, given my sister an amount to use as she wished (herself or her daughters or bit of both)
Let everything settle down and see how the money worked out (there should be plenty left over) and think of charitable works - maybe joining Micahael Eavis the Glastonbury man in building wells/pumps in Africa.

There you go - thought for today - how would you spend/use £6.5m? It's a lot of money - you'd have to work hard/be really frivolous to spend it all

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 cats black/white and one tabby
30-11-2008, 06:04 PM   #16

It's been very cold here! *shivers*

Been up to the rescue, one of the nervous tabbies been rehomed, several others gone but more come in.

Also been with Dylan, he's claimed the bed as his and crashed out. Fast asleep.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
30-11-2008, 06:15 PM   #17

been up after a two hour sleep..looking at the gloom outside and deciding if i shall take a sleep tablet or drink some coffee..too tired to make a decision so just invading catsey for now, LOL!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Two Tabby Girls
30-11-2008, 06:18 PM   #18

Very cold here today and a foggy mist that has hung about all day. We are actually above it so looks very nice up here in a blue sky looking over the top of the mist.

Been round all the animals and taken Cali nice long walk.

Back home, coal fire, snuggled up on couch for half hour befoe trying to figure out what to produce for the evening meal.

Kinsi is getting so mischevious now. I found her in the tumble drier yesterday!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: torbie/white & 2 siamese xs
01-12-2008, 03:19 AM   #19

slept from 9am to 5pm..talk about circadian rhythm sleep! finally starting the day...