Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
05-12-2007, 10:02 PM   #11

Re: Christmas Tree

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Stopped doing a tree a few years back; got to be too difficult to get it into the house and in the stand by myself; even if I were doing one I never put it up this early...usually the 20th. I do sort of miss it, though...

Do they not do small ones by you Eileen? or artifical ones.

Catsey Veteran

05-12-2007, 10:03 PM   #12

Its just dawned on me this will be the first Christmas in 25 years I have not had to put non breakable baubles at the base of the tree (as they got older it was free ranging tails that did the damage )

No cats......

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
05-12-2007, 10:12 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Its just dawned on me this will be the first Christmas in 25 years I have not had to put non breakable baubles at the base of the tree (as they got older it was free ranging tails that did the damage )

No cats......
Aww..... Kazz, a new year is just around the corner so maybe........just maybe..

Catsey Veteran

05-12-2007, 10:13 PM   #14

Not sad as such Mags.....just it dawned on me as I was replying about non breakable baubles.... but hey sure the dogs will make up for it.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 blue-eyed moggies
05-12-2007, 10:19 PM   #15

I've not got the tree up yet, it's far too early for us just now, but we did buy one at the weekend. We always have a real tree and don't bother with unbreakable ornaments. The only time we've had a tree casualty it was the dog what done it not the cats!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-12-2007, 10:23 PM   #16

Quote:
In that case I suggest non breakable baubles on the bottom of the tree and secure the tree to a wall with a piece of rop or something.... so it does not topple over....I used to think if it topples enough they will stop climbing it they didn't I or maybe it was I broke before they got bored, kittens ya gotta love ''em .
Quote:
Do they not do small ones by you Eileen? or artifical ones.
I always secured the tree to the wall for years and the cats never bothered it; the one year I decided it wasn't necessary ...... you guessed it....they knocked it over!!! What an awful mess!

I hate artificial trees..... (no offense meant to those who like them), And if it's not big, it isn't worth bothering with...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-12-2007, 11:50 PM   #17

My cats totally ignore the tree. Darcy was a bit interested in the presents and the baubles but never climbed the actual tree. This year, Fifi and Balie will probably just cast a sidelong glance and then ignore It's Sebastian that will trash it - I'm certain!

Tree will probably go up w/e of the 15th, not before. Even though we're away for actual Christmas (1st time ever) I wouldn't be without a tree. It just makes Christmas. This year, it will be a fake one. I've got a lovely 12 footer - the last few real ones just didn't last at all and were SO expensive.

Will post pics as soon as the tree is up and sparkling

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
05-12-2007, 11:54 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
I hate artificial trees..... (no offense meant to those who like them), And if it's not big, it isn't worth bothering with...
D'ya know, I hated them passionately too. Until (a) an old tree needle gave Dominik a septic foot (b) I had to vacuum twice a day to pick up all the needles an (c) 3 years in a row we had a bald tree by the time Christmas Day came round . . . and that was after spending nearly £100 on a large 'non-drop' tree

My artificial tree is perfect in shape, looks like the best of the real trees and doesn't make a mess. OK, you don't get that lovely pine-tree smell, but to be honest I just don't have the time to clear up after a real tree!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-12-2007, 03:07 AM   #19

Oh I agree absolutely about the mess and the needles from a real tree...find them upstairs and in odd places months after the tree is long gone....but still am adamantly opposed to an artificial one, even though they look much better than the fakes they used to make. But everyone has hang-ups, and I'm afraid that's one of mine...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggy
06-12-2007, 08:19 AM   #20

We have ours up!!! Ill get pics later,Milo loves it a little to much Tinkerbell likes eating it and Jerry isnt really that bothered.