Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
20-02-2010, 12:12 AM   #11

Re: Quite worried about Spice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gail
hi have you tried scrambled egg made with cat or kitten milk
I would suggest scrambled egg too.. hope Spice feels better soon x

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: All black and white and tortie's
20-02-2010, 12:29 AM   #12

I know you we will try anything when one any of our cats are ill. Dont know if Spice likes catnip or if she is allowed it but you can try to sprinkle it on her food. It might work

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-02-2010, 07:36 PM   #13

How is Spice today Louise? Managed to eat yet?

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: dsh
20-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #14

Thanks for asking Elaine. She has eaten some chicken, and I've bought some cat milk. She does seem a bit more wobbly today, so I may have to take her back on Monday ( will give a couple of days to see if the surolan helps.
We had to go out for animal food this morning- have to go to macro for the hi-life, and popped in by some friends for a catch up. Got home to find Fluffy had been very sick, then discovered we had no water. Mike has spent all afternoon trying to get some water into the house, while I just gave up and hid in a corner .
I went to groom Fluffy later and noticed she seemed a bit wheezy and her heart was bounding. Just got back from the vet and her throat is swollen, tummy empty, not temp, heart rate high but blood pressure fine.
She has lost more weight although she has been given an extra 1/2 tin of food a day. The vet has no idea why she was sick, but she has been given something to help and something for her throat. We are to up her vidalta without waiting for her next blood test which is due next week, but the concern is she doesn't seem to be responding to it.
I haven't noticed heart beating like that though, so either I've missed it or being unwell has made it more obvious.
I feel like such a failure right now!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
20-02-2010, 09:28 PM   #15

Oh dont feel like that Louise, we can only ever do our best mate xxx

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2010, 01:34 AM   #16

Thanks Elaine.
Fluffy has eaten her tea and kept it down so far. I have managed to get Spice to eat half a chicken breast and some milk, I am glad she has taken in some fluids as well.
We have some water for the moment, but not sure how long it will last, we are on well water and the pipes underground have frozen, and we go through a lot with the large animals.
I so wish this frost and snow would go away, roll on the spring!

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: 2 moggies = DLH and DMH
21-02-2010, 02:28 AM   #17

Awww sorry you are having a tough time of it farthing...
hope Fluffy has managed to keep down her food and that Spice is holding her own..
take care

Catsey Veteran

21-02-2010, 01:44 PM   #18

A quick update-
Spice seems more wobbly today again, so I will have to take her back tomorrow She doesn't like scrambled eggs, but has taken some more chicken, I will have to feed her little and often I think, supporting her body while she eats.

Fluffy seems a bit better today and has kept her food down so far.

Our water has frozen again and Mike is defrosting the pipes at the moment to replumb into the system, they were sitting in the kitchen for the morning. I have taken Monday and Tuesday off work, to try and catch up, I can't even wash the dishes at the moment, but hopefully Mike will get that fixed today.
To be honest, I am almost like a rabbit caught in headlights. There are plenty of things I can do, but I can't settle to the job, and keep jumping from one thing to another, not finishing any- I just feel very panicky about the water situation. I need to sit down and focus, write a plan, and get on with it, but I'm finding it very difficult to do- the cats are the main worry, but there isn't much I can do for them other than nurse them and keep them eating!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: NA
21-02-2010, 03:04 PM   #19

Sorry your having a bad time farthing, how awful to have no water, i think i'd be panicky too
Pleased that Spice is managing to eat and drink, i hope she goes on alright at the vets.
Hopefully Fluffy will be ok too now

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
21-02-2010, 05:25 PM   #20

I'm sorry things are so disheartening now; glad Fluffy has eaten and that Spice is getting some fluids at least. I do hope the water problem will be solved, and NO you are NOT a failure!!! (((hugs)))