Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Magnificent moggies
06-11-2008, 11:00 PM   #11

Re: Arthritis in dogs.

I too take glucosamine. I do a lot of typing and was getting pains in the joints of my fingers, no swelling, just pains. So I started taking glucosamine and the pains went. I notice the pain comes back if I run out of pills though!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
06-11-2008, 11:46 PM   #12

Synoquin is a glucosamine supplement with chondroitin added which is supposed to better than just taking glucosamine alone

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
06-11-2008, 11:49 PM   #13

Yes, my supplement has chondroitin also, just used the short form. The stuff is a miracle drug, IMO!

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 1 Tabby Moggy & 1 Grey Moggy
17-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #14

Took Milo to the vets tonight and he has been diagnosed with Arthritis. After me wanting to commence him on something as a prevention he infact already has it. I noticed him limping on one leg over the weekend. The vet thinks he is more like 10-11 years old and not 8.5 like I was led to believe from the animal rescue centre when I got him 7 years ago. So that means even less time with him than i thought

He is having weekly injections for a month and then a review to see if improved and then probable supplements.

No more long walks for him