Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
05-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #11

Re: Daily thread-Monday

Hi, all! It's so bitterly cold here today that I didn't go out, and I hate to be stuck indoors! Translated the weather into Celsius for you: it's -12, and wind chill -20!!! At least it's sunny! Haven't even gone out yet to pick up the papers; will do that when I feed Onyx. She didn't come for tea yesterday; am a bit worried. Alex; think DM's advice is good; sorry that it's taking so long. Luke: great news about the new bed! Yola: excellent news! Have a nice evening, all!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
05-02-2007, 05:53 PM   #12

had a busy ole day, stayed in this morning till fog lifted, then went n done some shopping,
came home to a fantastic phone call, some one came to veiw our flat last week, he rang today to say yep hes up for it so when can we go n veiw his, probally wednesday) we are council tenants so its an exchange, but this flat has a garden spme where for the boys to go, also it backs onto a park, some where for dog walks, plus its in a cul-de-sac so safe for ronnie n reggie to go out.
its in hampshire not too far from winchester, so loads of countryside to walk in. also not far from my brother
so a good day.
also have been for a nice walk with ben.im now worn out LOL still got a nice dinner to do yet.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
05-02-2007, 06:35 PM   #13

Great news BM! Hope it all goes well. Eileen, that sounds really cold, brrrrrr!

Catsey Veteran

05-02-2007, 08:22 PM   #14

It's horrible, Alex! Just checked Weatherbug again: -10C, windchill -13 !!! Onyx did come for lunch; yesterday's tea was frozen solid in the plate...don't know where she was. Hope she'll come later this afternoon!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
05-02-2007, 08:36 PM   #15

Great news Cathy - hope it works out.
DM - brrrr - you keep cosy and don't go out without a hat. Preferably don't go out!

Catsey Veteran

05-02-2007, 08:43 PM   #16

Only went out to feed Onyx and collect the papers! Out later to feed her again, fill the bird feeder and get the mail. Believe me, I wrap up well in this weather: long johns (top and bottom), jeans, sweatshirt, sweater, fleece-lined jacket, wool muffler, wool hat with the jacket hood over it and gloves! If I were to fall down, probably couldn't get up.... Will get above freezing by Thursday, they're predicting...imagine looking forward to freezing...

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: sadly 1 boy now :(
05-02-2007, 09:50 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by dandysmom
Only went out to feed Onyx and collect the papers! Out later to feed her again, fill the bird feeder and get the mail. Believe me, I wrap up well in this weather: long johns (top and bottom), jeans, sweatshirt, sweater, fleece-lined jacket, wool muffler, wool hat with the jacket hood over it and gloves! If I were to fall down, probably couldn't get up.... Will get above freezing by Thursday, they're predicting...imagine looking forward to freezing...
did i hear right, a few weeks ago u had a really hot spell???

Catsey Veteran

05-02-2007, 09:59 PM   #18

Indeed we did; six weeks of above normal temperatures...actually made 73F one day, and quire a few days in the 60's. I knew we'd end up paying for it!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
06-02-2007, 12:43 AM   #19

Gosh it sounds cold where you are Eileen Hope it gets milder for you very soon and especially for Onyx x

Nite all, off to bed now. Hope you all manage a good night's rest x

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
06-02-2007, 12:48 AM   #20

Nite Fran, sleep well.........x