Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
18-05-2008, 10:18 PM   #11

Re: Baskets & Tubs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moli
What are shell beans DM???
Beans that you cultivate for the edible seeds instead of the pods. You shell them like peas. I found these years ago in a small garden catalogue that specialized in European seeds, and that also gave recipes! I grow Borlotti; they are delicious with a drizzle of olive oil, a drop of vinegar and a good sprinkle of fresh-ground pepper. They may be available fresh in some cities with a large Italian population, but not here,,,if you want some you have to grow them yourself.

Here's a link:

http://www.tmseeds.com/product/197.html

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 mog
18-05-2008, 10:21 PM   #12

We planted our runner beans today and have bedding plants ready to go out.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Exotics,oriential,siamese,& Mogg...
18-05-2008, 10:29 PM   #13

Thanks for the link DM, may just try some of those....

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Siamese and Moggies
18-05-2008, 11:17 PM   #14

No I have just done my baskets but they are not out yet and my dad has some runner beans which are now about 6" on the windowsil and growing like the clappers, I also have some other various seedlings, some which i'm still waiting to germinate. Some are quite slow to go anyway but have found they are taking their time on the windowsil this year, in two minds if to put them in the airing cupboard or not to start them off. The weather has been a bit weird with 2 really hot sunny days then back to having the heating on so i'm just waiting before putting the ones ready to go out incase we get a frost, have the pots all over the bloomin' kitchen in the new house mind and the baskets in the shed on the windowsil and it's worse as I have double with doing more ready for the new garden and some for my dad's.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Ragdoll & Moggy
19-05-2008, 02:20 AM   #15

my bigger plants went out a few weeks ago and have all done fine, baskets have been done for about 2 weeks but only today went up (needed new hooks) they have been hagging on the line since i done them mind and are fine and starting to flower nice,

smaller plants that i only put to seed in march will be going out in the next few days but im glad i weighted now cos we have a frost tonight so i dont think the smaller plants would live though it