Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Moggies
02-02-2006, 07:23 PM   #161

Re: What are you having for your dinner tonight?

Sounds like you are going very well!!!

The advice I was given was to make sure you are never hungry, so if you are hungry eat something (obviously low carb), I wouldn't worry too much about your portion control as within a few days you should start to naturally moderate what you eat, I bet within a week you will soon realise that you don't feel so hungry, so don't worry about it for the moment.

Catsey Veteran

02-02-2006, 07:24 PM   #162

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazz
Tonight I have had;
Spaghetti in a Pesto sauce, with cooked chicken and very nice too.
Sounds great Kazz

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Tortie Chloe & Black Misty
02-02-2006, 07:25 PM   #163

Its great. Got some bacon tonight so will have egg/bacon for brekkie tomorrow and then do the tuna salad again. Cooked double the veg and chicken so can do that quickly tomorrow night for myself before I go out. Love the cheese sauce idea. Made a plain dinner really tasty.

Am I right in thinking that I never get LOW FAT anything Emma?

Catsey Veteran

02-02-2006, 07:31 PM   #164

Yes no more low fat stuff. Normally to make low fat food taste half decent the food can contain a lot of sugar, sugar doesn't make you feel full up, it just gives you a burst of energy and then a slump which then causes cravings for a lot of people.

A good exercise to see this is to have a look at the food labels for some low fat items and compare them to regular food, you might be surprised how much sugar is added to the food

Oh and that Cheese sauce you can also add a little bit of butter to it if you want to

Catsey Veteran

02-02-2006, 07:32 PM   #165

Well I did use low fat cream cheese as I am using it up, and the mayo was low cal too in my salad, but will gradually replace. Also the cheese this morning was low fat too. Oh dear!!! Will get fat stuff soon!!

Catsey Veteran

02-02-2006, 07:41 PM   #166

Just had a look at Sainsburys online nutritional values for their prawns in prawn cocktail sauce

Low fat variety - 5.1 carbs per 100g
Regular variety - 2.7 carbs per 100g

Don't forget sometimes the supermarkets also charge more for low fat ranges of food.

Catsey Veteran

02-02-2006, 07:46 PM   #167

It's not too bad Donna, as you say use them up, don't waste them. I have found that my shopping bill has gone down quite a bit as I don't buy for myself, chocolates, biscuits, crisps etc, although obviously meat costs more than say pasta if you don't snack in between meals it does save you money.

I would also steer clear of most of the low carb ranges of food, I think the only items I have got are spaghetti, sweetener, reduced sugar ketchup (sainsburys own brand). Most of the other items taste horrible are very expensive, it is better once you are happier with your weight to eat the normal ranges but just on occassions.

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
02-02-2006, 07:52 PM   #168

Sainsburys are selling Heinz locarb tomato ketchup for 69p instead of £1.99 at the moment!

Catsey Veteran

02-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #169

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaG
Just had a look at Sainsburys online nutritional values for their prawns in prawn cocktail sauce

Low fat variety - 5.1 carbs per 100g
Regular variety - 2.7 carbs per 100g

Don't forget sometimes the supermarkets also charge more for low fat ranges of food.
Its a completely different way of thinking this diet. I am just so glad I can eat cheese!! My fav but on WW it is a really bad food so could only eat a tiny piece if i wanted any. and not every day.

Catsey Veteran

02-02-2006, 07:53 PM   #170

Thanks for that Mags I think I have got the Carb Options low carb ketchup before, it was ok, very expensive though.