Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Senior

Cats owned: 36 Moggies and 1 Neurotic ragdoll
17-02-2007, 09:33 PM   #121

Re: Litter training the Diva

She's a sensitive wee scone and knows full well Mummy is her slave - agree on the wooden floors so much easier to clean when they miss - Bert at 21 and blind walks in to any litter tray head first and bum points the wrong way but at least he tries!

The Diva is her Mummys girl and Auntie Liz's wee scone!!!!!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
17-02-2007, 10:01 PM   #122

I think the wooden floors sound like a good idea, practical as well as looking good. My Misty, when she went blind, sometimes faced the wrong way in the litter tray also, but she tried, bless her, and I kept an old car mat in front of it to catch accidents. She lost her sight at about 18, lived to 19 1/2; happy and purring to the end. Give the Diva a pat from me..if allowed !!

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
18-02-2007, 08:38 PM   #123

Just had a ridiculous thought.
Have done some clicker training with Eva in the past, which she took to pretty well. Had tried to use it to help with the whole litter box issues but not religously and hadnt formulated any sort of real plan of action with it.
Have just been looking into clicker training birds etc for work purposes when it occured to me that I may well be able to resolve the pooping issues this way too.
What do you think? And how exactly am I going to do this successfully, as I am not always here when the offence is committed. Need to formulate a real plan. Think people think LOL.
Any thoughts on this greatly appreciated.

Catsey Veteran

26-05-2007, 10:58 PM   #124

Update!!!
Have had a brain wave about the whole pooping on the carpet issue with the Diva.
You may all probably know she is currently on a diet and may have to attend an obesity clinic as she weighs in at 7.6 kgs, hopefully that has reduced a little on her next weigh in.
Anyhoo, I am thinking, maybe its coz she is carrying excess weight that the cat litter feels uncomfortable for her underfoot. Maybe she can bare it long enough to have a pee but as a poo takes a bit longer, she cannt stand on the litter coz it hurts.
So maybe this diet thing will do the trick.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
26-05-2007, 11:00 PM   #125

Oh Elaine, I hope your theory is right! Only time will tell

Catsey Veteran

26-05-2007, 11:03 PM   #126

Its got to be right Fran
I cannt think of anything else, will keep you updated with weight and behaviour. Have to tell you all thet her temperament has improved somewhat since reducing her food so that alone has to be a step in the right direction

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
27-05-2007, 11:08 AM   #127

How about giving her a carpet lined litter tray Elaine, just to test your theory? You can usually pic up carpet offcuts quite cheaply......

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
27-05-2007, 03:55 PM   #128

I'm bringing up my previous suggestion of shredded paper again,,,worth giving it a try...

Catsey Veteran

27-05-2007, 06:01 PM   #129

I have tried the carpet and again she would pee in it only. Havent tried the shredded paper and I do remember you mentioning it before. Just trying to think if I know any one with a shredder.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Non at the moment
27-05-2007, 07:54 PM   #130

Well I've just spent1/2 and hour reading through this thread and have to say I don't think you are going to change what is to her habit. Although you may have almost answered your own problem earlier in the thread I think, she does not use the laminate to go the loo, so did you ever put laminate in another room?