Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggies
16-02-2007, 11:33 PM   #111

Re: Litter training the Diva

Situation Eva has really taken a down turn over the last few days. Am putting it down to stress this time though but she has poo'd in almost every corner of every room over the last few days.
Hoping things will settle down a bit soon though.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: Leia: blue torbie
16-02-2007, 11:46 PM   #112

Oh Elaine, sorry to hear this! What's especially stressing her now; the wallpaper steaming, or the cold weather, or..???

Catsey Veteran

17-02-2007, 09:18 AM   #113

I think its all the stress of re-decorating etc. Hopefully she will settle again soon.

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: DSH/Siamese/Orientals
17-02-2007, 09:20 AM   #114

I do hope so Elaine it must be so very frustrating for you

Global Moderator

Cats owned: NA
17-02-2007, 09:39 AM   #115

Oh dear, I hope she settles again soon Elaine............

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 1 Persian and one b/w moo-cat mog
17-02-2007, 09:50 AM   #116

Oh no, two steps forward and one step back Hopefully she'll be back on track soon . . .

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 lovely boys and a beautiful girl
17-02-2007, 11:20 AM   #117

Fingers crossed that she'll settle down as soon as all the decorating is done Elaine. ((hugs))

Catsey Veteran

Cats owned: 2 moggie boys; 1 grey 1 red striped
17-02-2007, 11:23 AM   #118

Sorry to hear this Elaine. The decorating + your stressy time the last couple of days are not helping her.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: moggies
17-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #119

Hmmm tricky..... I have a kitten who is extra fussy at the cleanliness of the cat tray one poop and he does it outside the tray...(showing him the poop and 10mins in the Naughty box/cat carrier helped a little) I am pretty lucky though and he contains it to the Kitchen... as for Diva... Too many choices maybe???? sounds as if she is very sensitive and upsets easily.... lots of fuss and attention directed her way may help calm her down a bit while the decorating is going on....then back to the training.... are you putting new carpet down??? baking soda and vinegar on the areas where she has pooped might help take away any smells that will attract her back..... hope she gets back on track soon.....

Catsey Veteran

17-02-2007, 08:21 PM   #120

She is a most fussed over Diva, maybe thats been part of the problem....... I do always make a fuss and praise her when she gets it right.
We are toying with the idea of putting down laminate flooring as we have that in the kitchen and she never poo's on the floor in there. And if she should continue to use the floor it would be easier cleaned.
I dont really like the idea of penning her or confining her to a cat carrier especially coz i have such problems getting her into the carrier for a normal vet visit and she really does get very stressed over it, so my feeling about that is that due to her sensitive nature, confining her may well make the problem worse instead of better.
Maybe I just have to accept her the way she is and just get on with it coz we do love her and have absolutely no intentions of giving her up. I never give up on my animals.
A very big thankyou to every one who has tried to help and given sugestions. Should she ever decide to eliminate appropriately LOL, I will let you all know.