Or Register for FREE!

Welcome to our Cat Forums!
Welcome to our CatForums!
You are seeing this message because you are viewing our cat forums as a guest.

You can continue to browse our many cat related areas as a guest but you are more than welcome to register and join our friendly community of Cat Lovers! ... And for free!

Doing so will also remove this message and some of the ads, such as the one on the left.

Please click here to register.

Almost a Veteran Member

Cats owned: Colourpoint persian, and moggies
19-05-2024, 04:26 AM   #1

Freezing cold Sunday.

Good morning Pamela and Shelley,
Sunday afternoon here, 2:40pm and it's really ,really cold with just a slight drizzle. There's a heavy snow warning for tonight and already a lot of our passes are closed due to snow. I seem to have finally got rid of my cold, although I'm coughing a lot at night still. It annoys Snoddy, who spends his nights lying on my face. His fur seems to be growing a bit ,thank goodness and I'm hoping that he'll soon be warm enough to lie at my side at night rather than on my face. it makes it very hard to sleep when he's blocking off all your airways !!!

I've kept up my walking and am now able to walk down the street with no crutches at all. Unfortunately my other knee has started aching badly at times and I can't help limping a bit, which is exactly what my physio doesn't want to see. I've got to go back and see him tomorrow and I'm not looking forward to it one bit. I'm going to make this the last time I see him ,however, as I feel really intimidated and that's ridiculous. I'm just going to tell him that I'll use the physio clinic down at the local mall if I need to see someone. I've got him a nice thank you card and a wee gift, as I know he did put a lot of effort into my rehab, but his approach is just a bit aggressive for me. I've discussed it with my counsellor and he thinks that a female physio would be better for me. I'm also back on all my previous medications now, but have been feeling OK without them anyway.

Janna isn't working tonight so we're looking forward to watching a DVD together. I really want to see "Double Jeopardy". it's an old movie, and I know I've got it on DVD but we can't seem to find it.

I had a super Mother's Day last Sunday and got heaps of things - a Fashy hot water bottle, clothes, chocolates and money, which I put back into Brenna's account. AND YES I heard from Paddy who seems to have gotten over his mood and managed to email me.

My sister and her family are over covid now and are going back to work tomorrow. It seems half the street has got covid at the moment and doctors are predicting a big surge in case numbers over winter. I'm going down to the mall on Tuesday to do some shopping for myself. It's a bit of a walk down there, but I think I can do it now. Janna has been very good at getting things for me, but it will be nice to do it myself now. She'll come down with me anyway. If my legs start to ache too badly, I'll just get a taxi home.

Not sure what to have for tea tonight. I've got meals in the freezer but don't fancy anything in there. A nice hot curry would be great for a cold night, but I can't be bothered making it. besides I haven't got any of the ingredients I need. I'll see what Janna wants when she comes home. She's gone to Animates to get a bag of cat biscuits.

PAMELA, I'm glad you're getting a bit of warmer weather now. How is poor Robyn doing now? I do hope her hormones have settled down and she's feeling more comfortable. I've never experienced a phantom pregnancy in a dog either, but I can imagine it must be very distressing for the poor dog and the owners. Hopefully the medicine made her feel more comfortable. Are you still going to get her spayed this week? I have had my prayer group praying for her recovery. Hopefully the man-trailing would have diverted her thoughts a little. I hope you and Steven are able to get out and enjoy the warmer weather you've been having and perhaps even getting out on the bikes, although your first priority would be Robyn, I know.

SHELLEY, how are you? I guess you, like Pamela, are experiencing some decent weather now and are able to take the pups on some nice long walks Still no word from my Bible College, but the mail here is terrible at the best of times.

Well ladies, enjoy your Sunday. I'm going to fill my new hot water bottle now ,curl up on the chair and read my book.It'll take my mind off my physio appointment tomorrow. Wish me luck !!!

Have a great Sunday, Pamela and Shelley.