PDA

View Full Version : Night shift with cats!

PaulaB
18-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Does anyone else work shifts? I was on night shift this last week with 2 11pm til 11 am shifts. I get to my bed for a good morning sleep to find all three of my cats with a I am staying so what? look on their face. I managed to just get enough quilt to cover me and get to sleep, thanks to a blackout blind and a pair of curtains with blackout lining but really do they really need to pinch all the bed?

Fran
18-09-2005, 05:57 PM
I worked night shifts regularly during the time I was nursing. I used to quite enjoy working nights but don't think I could do it these days :roll: Lovely that your cats want to be with you when you come home even if they do pinch all the quilt :lol:

Jeanette
18-09-2005, 06:51 PM
He he, yep mine did that too when I had 2 cats :D

Now I have a dog, who I've taught to stay on her side of the bed :wink:

Moli
20-09-2005, 07:53 AM
They just want to be with you, Its fine if they sleep, I let my oldie Leo sleep with me sometmes, but 5.30am everymorning he decides its time to get up, and sits a meows till I do get up!!!

Jeanette
20-09-2005, 10:29 AM
They just want to be with you, Its fine if they sleep, I let my oldie Leo sleep with me sometmes, but 5.30am everymorning he decides its time to get up, and sits a meows till I do get up!!!

Oliver does that... Not on the weekdays, cos I'm up before him then.. But in the weekends and holidays, he meows till I get up or till he's woken up Luna and then she jumps up and down the bed, till I get up... :roll: Usually around 6.30 am, really annoying....

Kazz
20-09-2005, 03:57 PM
My two sleep on the bed and if I go on nights then they sleep all day too on the bed but nromally they don't sleep on the bed during the day, I find myself being pushed to the edge and have to wake up and push Cleo back

I must have trained myself over the year to mould around them. :roll:
Karen