PDA

View Full Version : Wont eat on the floor

Luke
16-09-2005, 09:55 AM
Hi Everybody :) ,
well you all know how Clementine being a typical tortie is lets say quirky :roll: well recently she is refusing to eat her breakfast and tea when the bowls are placed in their usual spot on the floor, yet if we move them onto the counter top in the kitchen she is up and eating straight away. But she is now point blank refusing to eat unless she is fed up on the counter, any ideas why?
I have a tiny feeling that it could be due to the two small fluffy beasts that seem to plaugue her, it may not be though so any ideas?

Fran
16-09-2005, 10:28 AM
My instant thought Luke was because she feels a little threatened by the dogs if she eats off the floor.....but who knows, cats are such mysterious creatures; full of whims and fancies :roll:

Kazz
16-09-2005, 06:39 PM
Hi Everybody :) ,
well you all know how Clementine being a typical tortie is lets say quirky :roll: well recently she is refusing to eat her breakfast and tea when the bowls are placed in their usual spot on the floor, yet if we move them onto the counter top in the kitchen she is up and eating straight away. But she is now point blank refusing to eat unless she is fed up on the counter, any ideas why?
I have a tiny feeling that it could be due to the two small fluffy beasts that seem to plaugue her, it may not be though so any ideas?

I'd have said she feels uncertain eating from the floor. So if you don't have a problem with it feed her on the worktop.

My two are fed upstairs in the spare bedroom/computer room. Because of the dogs althouh the cats never refused to eat downstairs - but then I've never known my two refuse food. :roll:

Emm
25-09-2005, 02:38 PM
cats feel much safer when they are on a high surface - if you don't mind then I would just let her :)

Fran
25-09-2005, 10:19 PM
I have to feed my girls on a shelf in the porch. If I didn't there would never be any food for them to eat and Maddie and Tikka would hve tummy aches!!!! :shock: :-D