PDA

View Full Version : Raw

Kazz
10-09-2005, 07:33 PM
Do any of your cats eat raw meat? (not counting caught food)

I ask becasue Oscar has always had a soft spot for raw shin of bef(well anygood quality beef)
The dogs get raw beef about 4 times a week and Oscar has to have some he won't rest until he gets his share, not enough for a whole meal now but enough. He adores it (I cut it up small now due tohis age) but before he'd happily munch on a piece the size of a strawberry the size which I feed to the the dogs - Cleo has always turned her nose up as if to say I 'll have mine cooked thank you.

Karen

Fran
10-09-2005, 07:48 PM
Both my dogs are fed raw. All my cats with the exception of my old girl will eat raw...their favourite is minced chicken with the bone in. Claude and Maud particularly go mad for it! Sylvester can happily demolish a whole chicken wing to himself :shock:

smudgley
10-09-2005, 08:53 PM
No raw in our house.

Jac
10-09-2005, 09:26 PM
No raw in mine either but it's up to indaviduals (I hate the world at the moment the dreaded pmt)

smudgley
10-09-2005, 09:28 PM
oh yes - each to their own & all that - if it suits then fine. Just not my thing these days - gone are the days when my dogs would eat smelly green tripe & other gross things :roll:

Fran
10-09-2005, 09:29 PM
lol @ Smudgley...but I have to agree green tripe doesn't half pong!! My dogs love it though, it seems the smellier the tastier :?

Moli
10-09-2005, 09:32 PM
What age do you start to raw feed cats?

Fran
10-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Well mine are not totally raw fed.The dogs are totally fed a raw diet but the cats have cat food as well. But I imagine you could wean kittens onto raw as you can puppies

Claude and Clooney have been eating raw chicken mince since they were very young as I was giving it Maud whilst she was nursing them...