PDA

View Full Version : Litter tray

Jac
07-09-2005, 03:52 AM
Ive found out that one of my babies has done the toilet at the back of the TV. I have now put a litter tray there in the hope it will stop. Anyone else gone through this? i think it's Purrdie as she is stil quite afraid of passing Blue. i'm sure she'll be fine though as C-Fur was the same.

Fran
07-09-2005, 03:56 AM
Yeah I had this problem with the little ones before they went...I have those covered litter trays with the flap and I found they wouldn't use it with the flap on....they were going by the French doors instead :roll: Once I took the flap off there was no issue so it's just a case of finding the cause really Jac. Plus which it's been a big change for her moving home so it's bound to take a little while for her to settle in and find her feet....Good idea putting the litter tray behind the tv if that's where she is choosing to go!

Jac
07-09-2005, 03:59 AM
its an open one, she had the one's with lids in her house, possibly get one of thoes tomorrow.
Today is the first day she's eaten. poor wee thing must have been starving! She is more friendly though and purrs like a motor

Fran
07-09-2005, 04:04 AM
sounds like she is slowly settling in Jac....won't be long before she struts round like she's never not been there!!

Jac
07-09-2005, 04:07 AM
She's up sleeping in my son's room tonight. C-Fur sleeps there most of the time. i cnat believe we only got her on Sunday. she is doing well. Must be a real shock for her coming from a house with two adults and lots of cats to mine :shock:

Fran
07-09-2005, 04:11 AM
She'll love it!! So much going on for her....all the attention, she'll be in her element once she has settled in....

Luke
07-09-2005, 08:19 AM
we went through the same thing Clementine hated the covered cat loo with the flap when she was little and resorted to going toilet behind the bathroom sink, so in goes a little litter tray and we moved it downstairs slowly every few days and then it ended up in just using the base of the big cat loo and putting the litter tray in that, then taking it away and then when she was used to going in the big litter tray i put the cover on it and she go used to that, then did the same with the flap.
She is fine now infact this is often her hiding place from the dogs :lol: :lol:

Moli
07-09-2005, 08:22 AM
I had a similar problem with Casper, I use Catstan litter, didn't realise the breeder used paper....Got some paper base ltter, now the little toad has decided he will use the big box with the big cats...

bobbie3917
07-09-2005, 02:19 PM
when i had kittens a few years ago they all used to go behing the TV so i done the same and put the box behind it and they where fine (it was hard to change lol) but i got it in a good place after a few weeks

your lucky i went out and got a coverd tray the biggest i could find and then noticed that SKY would not go in there cos she would not fit :roll: so i then went out and got cheep ones but they are to small so i am now looking for then large plastic toy boxes.

Moli
07-09-2005, 02:27 PM
You can get different sizes of covered tray's Nat, mine is a three cat one, or so the label say's...

Luke
07-09-2005, 02:28 PM
when i had kittens a few years ago they all used to go behing the TV so i done the same and put the box behind it and they where fine (it was hard to change lol) but i got it in a good place after a few weeks

your lucky i went out and got a coverd tray the biggest i could find and then noticed that SKY would not go in there cos she would not fit :roll: so i then went out and got cheep ones but they are to small so i am now looking for then large plastic toy boxes.
I imagine you are i have heard Maine Coons are HUGE

bobbie3917
07-09-2005, 02:58 PM
well its not that they are big in weight its that they are long in body and thats where the problem is

Jac
07-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Ive had her home since Sunday and never seen her go to a tray. I have one in the kitchen and one at the back of the tv unit

bobbie3917
07-09-2005, 04:51 PM
she may also not what to use the same 1 as C-fur.

Moli
10-09-2005, 10:43 PM
[quote="bobbie3917"]well its not that they are big in weight its that they are long in body and thats where the problem is[/quo
Never thought of that, you girl is vey long in the body isn't she?

Jac
11-09-2005, 08:53 AM
They both use the one at the back of the tv and the one in the kitchen