PDA

View Full Version : Claude is missing

Fran
07-09-2005, 02:55 AM
You may be wondering what I am doing posting on here at this unearthly hour of the morning :roll: I can't sleep as Claude is missing :( The boys are ususally in as it is going dark, if they are not I shout them and they always come running.....Not tonight. Clooney came running but no Claude. Emily reckons she saw him about 7.45pm on next doors drive as she was coming home from her friends. I have been through Kazz's checklist but I know he was outside....I have been up and down the road many times now and in the garden and there is no sign of him, all I can do is wait until it goes light and start again......To say I'm devastated is an understatement :cry:

Jac
07-09-2005, 03:05 AM
O'h PK I know exactly what your going through.
Does next door have a garage? Could he have got shut in a shed?

Fran
07-09-2005, 03:10 AM
Hi Jac, yes both neighbours have a garage and sheds so I will be out in the morning if he doesn't return pestering everyone in the neigbourhood to check for me. Failing that I will print a piccie of him and post it through everyone's door in the surrounding area then abviously onto the rescue organisations and local vets to see if he has been picked up or handed in. Trouble is he is so beautiful and unusual and friendly my gut instinct is if he were found by someone they wouldn't hand him in :cry:

Jac
07-09-2005, 03:16 AM
That was exactly my worry when I thought Purrdie had got out yesterday. phone the SSPCA or I think its the RSPCA and the Cat Protection Leugue as well if you have one.
My guess he's in a shed or Garage. It was really hot here today. If you were the same alot of people would be in there gardens and kids on there bikes so these places would be open.
I'll bet you get a very hungry little boy back in the morning!
I hope so Pk.

Fran
07-09-2005, 03:17 AM
I hope so Jac...fingers crossed

Jac
07-09-2005, 03:20 AM
Anyway if someone did find him and not hand him in he would eascape the first oppertunity he got to get back to you. :lol:
Keep your chin up. I'm sure you will get him back when people start going about in the morning. oOpps it is but once it gets light

Fran
07-09-2005, 03:23 AM
Yeah Thank you Jac...You up because of your back, is it gyping you again?

Jac
07-09-2005, 03:27 AM
Yeh, It's a pain in the bum!!!!

Now Ive had a coffee and wide awake. How are you doing? another thing I thought of. Everyone must know he's ours! pretty hard to hide if you were that way inclined.

Fran
07-09-2005, 03:28 AM
Yeah that's true! I'm the same with the coffee, wide awake and got to admit to smoking far to many ciggies tonight :shock:

Jac
07-09-2005, 03:31 AM
LOL I'm the same but OH moans so I have to go outside! I'll pop off in a mo but I will be back. He hates the smell of smoke, and teaches karate so it goes agains him big time, (what we have to put up with for a quiet life eh)

Fran
07-09-2005, 03:32 AM
My hubby smokes too but not very many so not too bad for me.

Jac
07-09-2005, 03:35 AM
Just popping out back soon

Fran
07-09-2005, 03:38 AM
Ok Jac :-)

Jac
07-09-2005, 07:16 AM
Anything PK?

Fran
07-09-2005, 07:48 AM
No Jac :( and to top it all it looks like Maud has Mastitis so got to get her off the vet this morning.....

Jac
07-09-2005, 07:59 AM
OH pk it never rains but it pours. Thinking about you

Luke
07-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Aww poor PK (((HUGS))))) i hope Claude turns up and Maud gets better quickly, god you having it rough at the minute
Best wishes

Moli
07-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Just caught up with this thread...Have you found him PK? If he goes into your garden a lot, he will hopfully know his way back....Hugs to you PK, try not to worry(stupid thing to say I know.)....

Abbi
07-09-2005, 09:43 AM
Oh PK and news?? Thinking of you xx

Fran
07-09-2005, 11:31 AM
Well it's been a morning! Maud went to the vets at 9am she has got mastitis, her temp was 103 degrees! Got back home with Maud and Claude had found his way home but was injured :( Looks like he had sustained a blow to his head :( So back to the vets with Claude, the vet thinks it is quite mysterious as he has no apparant broken bones but all is face and jaw are swollen and his nose has been bleeding. He has given him anti-inflammatory and antibiotic injections and both he and Maud have to go back to the vets in the morning.....He is really out of sorts and quiet but at least he is home....Despite how ill Maud is she is still cleaning him and watching over him :roll:

Abbi
07-09-2005, 11:33 AM
I am glad that you have found Claude, I am sure that the vets will do all they can and if you have been able to bring them home that is a good sign - sorry foe the ignorance what is mastitis??

thinking of you x

Fran
07-09-2005, 11:37 AM
Thanks Abbi :-) Mastitis is inflammation of the breast tissue. Her breasts have continued to produce milk even though the kitties have gone and because the milk hasn't been suckled off the breasts have become really hard and engorged which has lead them to become infected.

Abbi
07-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Awwww poor little love, I hope she will be ok - you having a rough ride today you poor little poppett x

Fran
07-09-2005, 11:42 AM
I'm just glad Claude is home Abbi, I can cope with anything else....It is just so out of character for him, he is such a home bird.

Abbi
07-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Do you think maybe he has been hit by a car??

Fran
07-09-2005, 11:49 AM
That was my first thought when I saw him Abbi but the vet doesn't seem to think so, he has no apparant broken bones and he has no scuff marks on his claws which apparantly are a good indication of being hit by a car. The vet is baffled. He has said that there is a chance he has had a severe allergic reaction to something that has made his face swell up so much but that doesn't particularly account for why his nose has been bleeding...Think it will be one of life's mysteries :?

Abbi
07-09-2005, 11:51 AM
I guess so, are you keeping him in for a few days???

Fran
07-09-2005, 11:52 AM
They are all in!!! Don't think I dare let them out again :roll: To be honest Maud and Claude are not well enough to go out anyway...

Abbi
07-09-2005, 11:53 AM
I think that is for the best. My two pedidgees are indoor cats, but Daisy goes out and I always worry about her if I cant see her in the garden, so I do appreicate what you have been through, not nice. She is getting really old and wants to be out more and more - she is very difficult to get in to be honest, so is spending a lot of time outside, it always worrys me!

Fran
07-09-2005, 11:59 AM
My old girl never goes out these days...by her own choice. I'm glad really I've had her 18 years and would be constantly sick with worry about her if she went out. I do worry about the others going out but tbh they don't usually go far and are always in when it goes dark with the exception of Sylvester who for love nor money I can't keep him in at night he just howls the house down until someone gets up to let him out :roll: . Claude has never spent a night out before that's why I knew something was wrong...even in the day if I call him he comes to me

Moli
07-09-2005, 12:03 PM
So sorry to hear about both Maud,nd little Claude...do you know what happened to him yet....you are having a bit of a rough time, hopfully will get better...

Fran
07-09-2005, 12:19 PM
I don't know what happened to him and I'm not sure I ever will really....I am worried about him though, he is far from being himself

Jac
07-09-2005, 12:42 PM
PK I'm so glad you have him home. Do you think he could have got hit by a door. Possibly about to walk out a garage, person didn't see him and shut the door?
Mastitis is extreemly painfull. Take it from an X breast feeding mum

Jac
07-09-2005, 12:42 PM
cabbage leaves are ment to draw the milk (cooked) and cold

Fran
07-09-2005, 01:28 PM
I'd not thought of that possibility Jac, yes it seems feasible, he could have been hit by a door.... I have just hand fed him, he wouldn't get up to eat and he wouldn't entertain cat food but I thought he wouldn't resist his favourite raw chicken mince but he still wouldn't get up for that...He took it from my fingers and he has had quite a good amount :-)

I'll give the cabbage leaves a whirl later!

Jac
07-09-2005, 01:38 PM
I'm sory you got him back ina bad way. On the upside you got him back.

Fran
07-09-2005, 02:00 PM
I'm just pleased he's home Jac...you don't know what a relief it is even though he's injured he is here with me now so I can look after him :-)

bobbie3917
07-09-2005, 02:06 PM
((hugs)) glad he is home and hope he is ok and that goes for Maud aswell.
maybe you want to think about building a run for them

Fran
07-09-2005, 02:14 PM
Yeah good idea Nat, I was thinking of actually trying to cat proof the whole garden...

Moli
07-09-2005, 02:20 PM
So pleased Claude is safe and well....hope both him and Maud recover soon...

Fran
07-09-2005, 02:21 PM
Thank you Moli...I hope so too :-)

bobbie3917
07-09-2005, 02:25 PM
there is a way that you can cat proof your garden. i will see if i can find the site for you

Fran
07-09-2005, 02:57 PM
Thanks Nat that would be great :-)

Moli
07-09-2005, 04:41 PM
How are Maud and Claude tonight PK, has Claude eaten anything yet?

Fran
07-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Hi Moli, his jaw is so swollen he is finding chewing difficult. I have hand fed him quite a good amount of raw chicken mince (his favourite) and he has taken a little kitten food...He really is not himself and his face and head are still very swollen despite the injections the vet gave him to reduce the inflammation :? He is back at the vets in the morning....

Maud's breasts are still very hard and swollen although her temperature has come down, I am going to try the cabbage leaves that Jac suggested to see if that offers her any relief...She has also eaten a little chicken mince and is back at the vets in the morning...

Jac
07-09-2005, 07:11 PM
So sorry to hear they arn't much better. Thinking about you all, but at least they are in good hands. I'm sure they will pick up after a good nights rest. Keep your chin up.
I'm begining to flag now. How about you?

Fran
07-09-2005, 07:41 PM
Yeah me too Jac lol I've just sat down with a small glass of wine.... fatal, I could just close my eyes and sleep for the year :roll:

Jac
07-09-2005, 07:52 PM
I poured one as well b ut knocked it over. So I just had to get annother

Moli
07-09-2005, 08:06 PM
Sounds like both you two Ladies need a good nights sleep....

Jac
07-09-2005, 08:11 PM
I wont be up for long Pat. Really getting tired. I'll take Ceilidh up to bed with me. Derek can shift her when he comes in. :-D

shonedek
08-09-2005, 02:46 AM
oh PK im so sorry,My heart goes out to you and i hope all will be well.Theres never a dull moment :(
Hugs Sam

smudgley
08-09-2005, 07:10 AM
Only just read this thread

Poor you PK (((hugs))) glad Claud is back & hope he's ok.

Maud will be ok now that you have got her on ab's & cabbage :shock: Mastitis is a horrible type of infection that can be very nasty - but the good news is - once it's caught & the ab's kick in - they are usually ok & back to normal fairly quickly. Now her temp is down that's really positive.
The cabbage works wonders :wink:

Fran
08-09-2005, 09:12 AM
Thanks Sam and Smudgley...things are very much better today and the cabbage leaves worked a treat!

smudgley
08-09-2005, 09:15 AM
1st time I heard about cabbage leaves a few years ago I wasn't sure if it was an old wives tale or not - but I needed some action for a poorly bitch & anything was worth a try. tried it (along side medicine etc) & it worked! I know the cabbage helped & have since advised it to lots of people - it really does work.
Glad they seem ok today - I'm off to the vets now too. - one for spay & one poorly one for a check. (rescue ones not my own)

Fran
08-09-2005, 09:17 AM
Good luck at the vets Smudgley!

Abbi
08-09-2005, 09:18 AM
hope all goes well Smudge

Jac
08-09-2005, 09:30 AM
good luck at the vets

Fran
08-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Hi all, I have been to the vets and have written about it in the PK thread....Thank you all for your support, It's nice to know you have friends to help you through the tough times as well as sharing the good ones :-)