PDA

View Full Version : Showing in the Irish Republic

fudgesundae
01-09-2005, 11:44 PM
I used to show cats in the UK and moved over here eight months ago. A search of Irish websites has so far failed to give me any clue as to whether there are cat shows over here, or the equivalent to the GCCF, does anyone know please?
A link or details to follow up would be gratefully appreciated!! :D

Fudgesundae

Fran
01-09-2005, 11:51 PM
Hi and warm welcome to CP :smt039
I know very little about showing cats I'm afraid. Maybe Sam or possibly Nat maybe able to offer you some advice next time they are here. I hope you will join in with our chats and we would love to see some piccies of your cats :-)

bobbie3917
02-09-2005, 02:18 AM
im sure there are shows over there
the best thing i can think of is to go on yahoo and look for the breed you have or are looking for and join a yahoo group. i have Maine coons and i am on a few list now as well as breeding groups but i cant for the life of me remember if any are from over your way

Mags
02-09-2005, 09:04 AM
Hi Fudgesundae, welcome to Catpages......

Abbi
02-09-2005, 09:16 AM
welcome to CP

Kay
05-12-2005, 06:09 PM
Hi
I have recently looked into showing in Ireland as I live on Anglesey and it is quite easy to get over on the ferry. They only have four shows a year but it is the same principle as in the UK. The only thing is you have to register your cats with the Irish Cat Council. You will need a registration application form and a three generation copy of your cats pedigree from the GCCF. You can get all the info on the GCCFI website. If any of your cats are UK Champions and become a Champion in Ireland then they are can be called an International Champion, the same applies to Premiers and Grands of course. They tend to use the same judges as we do but because you are showing under a different cat council you can show a cat under a judge that has awarded a CC, GCC, PC OR GPC in the UK. So if you know a judge likes a particular cat go for it. Good luck and you never know we may meet sometime.

Kay, Tilsie Persians.
:cat20