PDA

View Full Version : He hates her

Smudge's-mommy
22-08-2005, 09:35 AM
A friend of mine has a two year old Tom cat that she's had from birth and has recently acquired a female kitten.

The older cat won't accept the kitten. Obviously, the kitten wants to play with him and he doesn't like it, and he keeps swiping at her.

Now, I have the same problem with my two because they're sisters but apart from the odd hiss and swipe when one steps out of line, they just ignore each other. But I have tried so much to get them to get on and I haven't succeeded so I can't help my friend with hers.

I've given her the textbook way and I told her to make sure the older cat gets a lot of fuss whenever the kitten is around and make sure he knows he's loved, and keep it so that the Tom is at the top of the pecking order but that's all I could tell her,
does anyone have any more ideas?

thanks
Lottie
x

Fran
22-08-2005, 10:04 AM
Hi Lottie and welcome to CP :smt039 It's a tough one this as cats are like people some are more sociable than others. Also cats are primarily loners and do not seek the companionship of other cats. So it maybe it is just a waiting game to see if they accept each other or learn to keep out of each others way. Obviously if a new kitten has arrived in the house the older cat needs extra fuss and attention so he doesn't feel pushed out....Hopefully someone else will come along and have some more advice for you.......why not introduce yourself in the introductions section so we can all say hi and get to know a bit about you :-)

Jeanette
22-08-2005, 11:15 AM
Hey Lottie

Welcome to CP

Sorry I cant help you, just wanted to welcome you

J