PDA

View Full Version : Cat killer

Luke
15-08-2005, 11:57 PM
Well it has happened again, for the last cuple of weeks cats have randomlly been dissapearing and people have been finding various furballs etc where the feral cats usually roam, well tonight the culprit was spotted once again taking off a wee tabby kitten.
A fox, yes a fox. A notorious killer, this is what has been believed to be responsible for these attacks
My thoughts are with all the poor cats that have been taken by this creature.
So now all our neighbours who are cat owners are keeping there cats locked up, until this seems to cease.
Has anybody else experienced foxes attacking and killing cats?
We lost a small yorkie pup a few years back to one, but i never thought they could take down a fully grown cat!
Best wishes

Kazz
16-08-2005, 09:22 PM
I wouldn't have thought a fox could take a fully grown cat - in fact in years gone by I have seen Oscar chase the foxes around here off - a kitten yes I could see that but a fully grown fit and healthy cat I doubt it although I imagine they could hurt a cat in a fight and vice versa as a fox only has teeth and a cat has teeth and claws

Luke
16-08-2005, 11:12 PM
I wouldn't have thought a fox could take a fully grown cat - in fact in years gone by I have seen Oscar chase the foxes around here off - a kitten yes I could see that but a fully grown fit and healthy cat I doubt it although I imagine they could hurt a cat in a fight and vice versa as a fox only has teeth and a cat has teeth and claws
Thought this too bt various cat bodies have been found in a right state in known fox territory, and the fox/foxes have been seenwith the dead cats, and actually killing them, i must admit you hear some strange things at night, never once did it cross my mind it was a cat killing fox!!!!!!!!!!