PDA

View Full Version : A visitor

Luke
15-08-2005, 01:00 PM
i may or may not have told you before, at the rear of our street it is basically fields, woods, rivers etc well this is unfortunatley a popular place to dump cats and kittens which has led to there being a fairly large feral community, well it is horrible to see, but everyone has sort of grown used to it, all the animal organisations come and catch them take them away and then more are dumped, or born it is a never ending problem.
Well anyway today i had the back door open when mum went shopping went upstaris to hoover up (see what a good son i am!) and i heard this big curfuffle downstairs, so i go to investigate and the dogs are yapping their heads off aout something, so my eyes scout around the room and fall to on top of thjis huge old antique mirror in the hallway, and tru to form sitting on top is a huge tabby cat!!!!!!!!!
I tried to coax him/her down, nothing it just hisses, so now i am waiting for mum to come home from Tesco's to see what to do, this cat is huge, and looks such a sweet but viscious thing. any ideas on what to do
Best wishes

Jeanette
15-08-2005, 01:38 PM
Hmm would it help, if you got the dogs out of the room???

Perhpas its a bit scared of them :?

Luke
15-08-2005, 02:04 PM
the dogs are upstairs out the way, we have tried to coax him down, even with food, but nothing, we have something up our sleeves will have to see if it works.
Time to get out the tickling stick

Fran
15-08-2005, 05:00 PM
How have you got on with your 'visitor' Luke??

Mags
15-08-2005, 05:24 PM
You'd better get the brush out to him Luke...that should shift him :?

Moli
15-08-2005, 05:45 PM
I would make sure he has a way out, and leave him too it...

Jac
15-08-2005, 05:50 PM
What about your toe Pat?

Luke
15-08-2005, 06:36 PM
well update, when tempting him out with the tickling stick (feather duster) he walked into the back doorway, fine but then we saw it had this big growth type thing on his leg, we tried to catch it after seeing so, but it made a bolt out and over the back wall, we have rang the vets and RSPCA and they have told us to see if we can catch him by way of cat trap and get him to a RSPCA branch to be treated if it is serious, poor big thing
Will keep you posted
Best wishes

Mags
15-08-2005, 07:17 PM
Awwww poor cat......unfortunately I think you will have a difficult job trying to catch it Luke, but good luck anyway....