PDA

View Full Version : Pets they break your damned heart

Kazz
12-08-2005, 05:29 PM
Well I have been lucky Oscar and Cleo are both 23 this Oct and apart from a bad start before I got them they have both had happy healthy lives. Cleo has only been to the vets to have her teeth descaled in 2002.
Oscar has only had the odd doses of anitboitocs after fight injuries when he was younger - and then diagnosed Christmas 2003 with Chronic Renal faliure but he has been happy and healthy.

Tonight got back from work to find out Oscar ate his brunch lying down today :( Then stumbled (fell over) about 3 hours later. Although he was fine this morning when I went out to work at 6.45am I have come home to find him quiet but moving about slowly but he has slowed down just recently.
But he is still talking to me and trying to follow me albeit slowly. He is after all my shadow.

I have phoned the vets and they think he may have had a slight stroke :cry: but as long as he is fine in himself don't worry - easier said than done but he is fine.

My head says at his age his time with me is shorter than the time we've already had together. But my heart refuses to believe the time is running out. Sorry I may not be on much for the next few days as I am filling up now.

What breaks your heart is his sister Cleo is lying on the bed next to him grooming him - which she has not done for many many years since they were kittens in fact - what will she or I do without him.

Karen

Mags
12-08-2005, 05:56 PM
Oh Kazz, I am so sorry to hear that about Oscar. It is very hard to accept that your beloved pet is growing old and tired. You have given all your pets a loving, wonderful life and that is the best that you could have done for them all.
I understand how you must be feeling now, so you devote all your time to keeping Oscar comfortable, also Cleo, who obviously knows something is wrong.
We are all thinking of you Kazz, you take care......{{{{{hugs}}}} to you all..

Kazz
12-08-2005, 06:12 PM
Thank you Mags he was lying at my feet chewing/sucking playing with my trainer lace as he normaly does. He has moved into the bedroom and I have just bent down to pick him up and put him on the bed I don't think he could have jumped - but he jumped up :D

Thanks will keep you posted.

Luke
12-08-2005, 06:16 PM
Just read about this on DW, i'm so sorry kazz, its a feeling we all dread, but must go through, gone through it many times myself, and i know how you feel, you know where i am if you want to talk
Best wishes

Kazz
12-08-2005, 06:18 PM
Thank you he and Cleo came when I was a teenager and living in my first flat :grin: and now I am 42 and they have seen my life - ups and downs - and have stuck with me as I have with them.

Thank you.

Karen

Mags
12-08-2005, 06:32 PM
That is a long time to have two devoted pets Kazz......they obviously knew where they were well off!

Moli
12-08-2005, 06:35 PM
So sorry to hear about Oscar...thinking of you Kazz and Big "Hugs" to you all...

Jac
12-08-2005, 07:25 PM
First read this on dw. I'm really sorry and I know what your going through. Please feel free to pm me if you want to talk. My heart goes out for you. Think of all the laughs you have had.

bobbie3917
12-08-2005, 07:52 PM
(((hugs)))

Kazz
12-08-2005, 08:22 PM
Thank you all very very much, you have no idea how much it means to me.

Fran
12-08-2005, 08:30 PM
I am so so sorry Kazz, I know a little of what you are going through and feeling. Lucky is eighteen and Jemima who I lost last year was seventeen. It's aa long long time to have such a friendship. Lucky is my soulmate and I can't imagine life without her although I know her time is running out. I take comfort in the fact that I have at least been blessed with so many years......I am here for you if you need me Kazz...

Kazz
12-08-2005, 08:46 PM
Thank you. Cleo is mine heart and soul and I love her dearly, she is so confident that she will happily go to anyone. Therefore is always a cat that will be fussed she demands it.
Where as Oscar - was so badly treated as a kitten only allows a chosen few to stroke him - although even now he plays only with me. Even now only I really see the real Oscar - the kitten-Kat, the purrer, the talker the clown :D . Although he has mellowed very much in the last 10 years or so - see even that seems a long time when written down 10 years - people back then said it was down to old age at 13 - now 10 years later he is even more mellow - and luckily more people have been blessed and allowed to meet the real Oscar.

My mate.

He is doing fine by the way and is sleeping soundly with the occasionaly deep based growly sandpaper purr that is purely Oscar :roll: a happy contented cat and Cleo has moved to the "box" now leaving him alone which I am taking as a good sign :D

Thanks again.

Mags
12-08-2005, 09:12 PM
Oscar has been very lucky to have such a devoted mum for all these years Kazz...you have given each other so much happiness...

Mags
14-08-2005, 07:00 PM
Kazz, how is Oscar today?

Kazz
16-08-2005, 08:37 PM
He is fine thanks Mags

Mags
16-08-2005, 09:02 PM
I'm pleased to hear that Kazz...