PDA

View Full Version : Look what the cat brought home

Kazz
30-07-2005, 09:47 PM
Based on Vix's post about mice. Whats the worst thing(in your opinion) your cat has ever brought home.

Mine has to be Oscar (who else) who brought home a dead magpie :shock: he spent about 4-5 minutes trying to get it through the cat flap the time I also spent trying to get him to change his mind but he was determinded that bird was coming in. Then when the blinking thing was in it decided it was not dead and flew up the stairs - with Cleo and Oscar in hot pursuit. then the bird decided I was the easiest target and flew at me I fell backwards - the bird swopped into the living room and landed on the fireplace - Gyp my previous Stafford went for the bird the cats arrived (a bit like the aristocats siamesse charging round the house) the bird again went towards me.

Eventually after what seemed to be days not the mere 10 minutes it must have been the bird was exhausted - I threw a towel over it and took it off in a box to round by the canal and let it go only to turn around and see Oscar running towards me he swerved around my legs aiming towards where the poor bird has been let go.
I shouted after him - bring that home again and you're for it mate.
He didn;t but did bring me another present a prize Koi Carp - ALIVE...Shall I tell you...................?

smudgley
30-07-2005, 11:21 PM
Koi carp - :shock:

Mine are really in hunting spirits at the mo. Remember when we had a few days of intensive hunting, frogs, mice, baby birds? well since then we have had a present most evenings - always a mouse, no frogs for ages & no birds thankfully. Not sure where they get the mice from, but we have chickens & a neighbour keeps pigeons -so I guess there are a few about. :roll:

Kazz
30-07-2005, 11:42 PM
He did he actually brought back a Koi carp as big as he is which is big the blinking thing was wriggling about like crazy he'd got it from round the corner I kept it for a few days then took it in a bucket round to where I had a inkling he'd had it from and owned up. I ended up going halfs on the cost of a net across the pond - but he was okay considering I believe a lot of fish keepers especially Koi keepers have been known kill cats.

He thought he was safe as he had two Staffs but Oscar having been brought up around Staffs obviously did not give a toss for the dogs. :roll:

The bloke said it was because his Staffs were sacred of my two :shock: and must know Oscar belongs to them.

Mind you he then decided to graduate back to birds luckily they were the cooked variety. :-D

Fran
30-07-2005, 11:55 PM
My neighbours have a net over their pond to keep my cats off!! But Lucky my old girl in her hey day has been known to bring home grass snakes :shock: She once brought a water rat home nearly twice the size of her :shock: :shock:

Mags
31-07-2005, 10:28 AM
Cassie has brought home grass snakes as well! I think the worse present I had was from Sam, my previous cat, it was a huge rat...and dead thank goodness :roll: There is a river not too far away from us and I think he used to go there hunting for them :roll:

Vix
31-07-2005, 10:46 AM
Peggy once dragged a HUGE pigeon through the cat flap. It was as big as her and 100% alive and well. She dropped it on the floor and walked off. I couldn't get rid of the thing. In the end i had to catch it and take it down the road. guess that wasn't too bad, just quite funny.x

Vix
31-07-2005, 10:47 AM
Peggy once dragged a HUGE pigeon through the cat flap. It was as big as her and 100% alive and well. She dropped it on the floor and walked off. I couldn't get rid of the thing. In the end i had to catch it and take it down the road. guess that wasn't too bad, just quite funny.x

Mags
31-07-2005, 11:39 AM
Ugh! I don't think I would like a pigeon flying around the house :shock:

Moli
01-08-2005, 07:11 AM
My first siamese Minouska(a boy...thought he was a girl)!!brought a seagull in one morning, it was huge, he also used to bring in rabbits flea's and all...

Luke
01-08-2005, 11:15 AM
well as u all know ours dont really go out, but she prefers to go for a little wander in the evenings, anyways not too long ago she brought back a Hare from the fields at the back of our house!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!