PDA

View Full Version : DRIED fOOD

Bellakatz
25-07-2005, 02:18 PM
Hello :-D

Just wondered what dried food people fed their cats

I feed mine Jameswellbeloved and Natures Best

Looking for a few ideas as i have been trying to get my Bengal kittens to eat biscuits with no sucess :oops: :oops:

Bengal Babe
25-07-2005, 02:34 PM
Zebedee is on hills prescription ID - totaly bland - but hoping to get him on normal hills -

I started mine with the whiskers crunch sprinkle - just to given them the idea of crunching then they went onto go cat kitten biscuits -

G xx

Abbi
25-07-2005, 03:10 PM
I feed mind Hills Science Plan, they seem to really like it - they might have a treat of Tuna once in a blue moon, but not that often. It's so much more healthy especially in the summer!

Fran
25-07-2005, 03:19 PM
I fed mine on Whiskas kitten biscuits until they decided they liked the 'big' cats Go Cat better. My kitties wouldn't entertain James Wellbeloved :?

Jeanette
25-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Oliver is fed Hills Science Plan Senior Hairball Control

Kazz
25-07-2005, 06:31 PM
My two in the warm weather I give them Purina One Senior 8+ (which is funny because there should be something for 16+)

Karen

Mags
25-07-2005, 06:34 PM
I would switch to dried food if only Cassie would drink water....

Fran
25-07-2005, 06:48 PM
Have you tried her on dry Mags? You may find she will drink if she has dry. None of mine really drink anything if no dry food given but they all drink quite a lot when they have access to dry food.

Mags
25-07-2005, 06:51 PM
I have PK, I often put it a bi on top of her meat and she loves it.....It's just that I'm concerned that she won't drink anything and is ill like she was last year...

Fran
25-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Yes that's got to be a worry for you Mags, I'd just stick with what your doing now, just a sprinkle on top as a treat ....

shonedek
25-07-2005, 07:49 PM
Mine used to be fed Tech-Ni-Cal but were given a sample 15kg of Red mills,and now i wont feed anything else.They have never looked so good.My classic case is Wazzy who has major health issues and a mega heart.Tech-Ni-Cal did absolutly nothing for her.We dreaded her yearly MOT incase the vets said shes to thin and needs to be put to sleep.But since changeing shes now weights 8 ibs which is very heavy for her,has the most amazing coat for her(she always looked ill)
I would never feed anything else again,the only thing is its a total nightmare to get hold of but worth the effort

Moli
25-07-2005, 07:50 PM
Does Cassie like cat milk Mags?

Bellakatz
25-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Mine used to be fed Tech-Ni-Cal but were given a sample 15kg of Red mills,and now i wont feed anything else.They have never looked so good.My classic case is Wazzy who has major health issues and a mega heart.Tech-Ni-Cal did absolutly nothing for her.We dreaded her yearly MOT incase the vets said shes to thin and needs to be put to sleep.But since changeing shes now weights 8 ibs which is very heavy for her,has the most amazing coat for her(she always looked ill)
I would never feed anything else again,the only thing is its a total nightmare to get hold of but worth the effort

Mine didnt like Tech -Ni-Cal

Please could you tell me where i could get Red mills from :-D :-D :-D

Mags
25-07-2005, 09:32 PM
Does Cassie like cat milk Mags?
She does Moli but the vet said she mustn't have it....

Kazz
25-07-2005, 09:59 PM
Are you sure she does not drink water - my two I did not think did but I fugured they got all they wanted from food, now they drink water with age and kidney trouble :-D

Mags
25-07-2005, 10:03 PM
The only time I've seen her drink water Kazz was when she was ill. She hardly leaves the garden and I've never seen her drink outside either.
As you say, they get a lot of moisture from their food so maybe that is enough for her :?

Moli
25-07-2005, 10:36 PM
Thats funny Mags, mine drink like fish!!!she maybe doesn't need it..

Mags
25-07-2005, 10:48 PM
Could be Moli....

Jeanette
26-07-2005, 08:58 AM
The only time I've seen her drink water Kazz was when she was ill. She hardly leaves the garden and I've never seen her drink outside either.
As you say, they get a lot of moisture from their food so maybe that is enough for her :?

Hi Mags

When my first kitten was fed Whiskas wet food, she never drank any water. But as soon as I started giving dry food, she started drinking water.

Oliver drinks water of Luna's waterbowl, which is a raised one. It looks kinda funny when he drinks... :lol:

He doesnt really drink a lot of water, but I guess its enough..

I thought they could regulate that themselves?

Mags
26-07-2005, 09:00 AM
Thanks OM, that could be it then......she is getting enough water from her wet food....

Moli
26-07-2005, 09:11 AM
If she is thriving and is healthy, she is obviously getting all she needs...They do worry you though!!

shonedek
26-07-2005, 02:44 PM
Shes probably getting enough water from the wet meat,as this is made mainly of water.If shes has access to the outside i bet shes drinking water from outside somewhere.Cats do love dirty water

shonedek
26-07-2005, 02:48 PM
The Red Mills comes from Ireland.Its all natural with no addatived and is as good as any premium food,in fact i actually rate it better then some of the premium foods and its also half the price which is a big bonus.To get it is the fun bit as its a nightmare.Its a reletivly new food thats not so heard of in this country.Just go into a pet shop and ask them to see if there wholesaller stocks it.If not let me know and i will speak to my rep and see what we can do.There are to kinds of food,I use the Red Mills Complete Cat :)

Bellakatz
26-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Thank you :-D :-D
I have found a couple of sites on the internet that stock it.
Also going to ask a couple of the pet shops that we use if there is any chance they could order it in

Will let you know how i get on :-D :-D

I will give you a shout if i have no luck ... :( :(

Bellakatz
29-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Well Azz
I have got my Burns biscuits ..The adults love it but the kittens sniff it and walk away
:shock: :shock:

Still not managed to get hold of Red Mills yet :( :(