PDA

View Full Version : Question for Sam - again lol!!

Fran
23-07-2005, 07:52 PM
Hi Sam, could you advise me? One of the kitties seems to have a 'sticky eye' Sometimes it is open with the other eye and sometimes it is not??? I have been bathing it and there is no discharge. He was the last to open his eyes...the other two kitties opened theirs a couple of days earlier than him and his 'good' eye opened a couple of days before this problem eye.....do I need to see the vet??

Thanks Sam :-)

shonedek
24-07-2005, 05:31 AM
Sounds to me like sticky eye,and quite a few kittens get it.The verts will just say to keep wiping as theres no discharge it dosnt sound like infection
Try bathing with tea water.Just put a tea bag in some warm water and let it brew for a little while.Remove tea bag and wipe the eye using this solution 2/3 times a day and see how that works.
To be honest i always use a herbal product called Eye Envy which is the bizz.Its all natural and seems to knock any eye infections to,a lot say it like a natural antibiotic.I swear by this stuff now and wont use anything else and over the years i have tried many things.
One draw back is a small bottle will only last 3 months and it must be kept in the fridge,but for £12 i think its well worth it.Can be used on dogs to.

:) your welcome PK

Fran
24-07-2005, 08:55 AM
Thanks Sam, I remember now we used the tea solution on the horse one hot summer when the flies had caused irritation and it worked a treat so I will give it a go!! If that doesn't work I may come back to you over where to get the herbal product...Thank you

Moli
24-07-2005, 08:58 AM
Another question for Sam..Ollie is now on James Wellbeloved co's he has a sensitive tum, what pouches can I give him, whiskas and the like seem to go right through him...

Mags
24-07-2005, 10:51 AM
I think Sam deserves a title for all the help she gives us........
How about.....ummmm.....http://bestsmileys.com/thinking/2.gif........Resident Cat Advisor :-D

Can you think of any other titles for her? :lol:

Fran
24-07-2005, 10:54 AM
Brill smilie Mags :-D

shonedek
24-07-2005, 12:41 PM
I love to help as best as i can,im no expert by a long shot and most things are trial and error from long time experience.
Moli,if Ollie your has a sensitive tum most sachets will go through him.They are just to rich.
The only thing i can think of would be to try a supermeat that is chicken based,we used to use one but off hand cant remember as its agae since i fed a tin.
Otherwise just cooked chicken /fish should be fine.
I know what your going through as i to have one like Ollie and the only thing that seems fine with him is the steamed diet that we now use.
I hope this is of help :)

Moli
24-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Thanks Sam, will try to get the supermeat first, if not then will just opt for the chicken/fish.I would really like them to et the same thing....

shonedek
24-07-2005, 01:28 PM
i know theres nothing worse then having to do different diets.Its a right pain

Mags
24-07-2005, 02:08 PM
Cassie will only eat Whiskas supermeat....chicken or rabbit. Go Cat used to do a supermeat years ago...not sure if you can still get it though....

Moli
24-07-2005, 02:21 PM
Begning to think ollie is too fussy!!!

Mags
24-07-2005, 02:28 PM
The vet told me years ago that the cheaper cat foods are sometimes a lot better as they are not so rich. Might be a good idea to see what's on the market and try one of the cheaper brands on him.....

shonedek
24-07-2005, 03:00 PM
just be careful with the real cheap ones as they can be cereal based which is why they are cheap.Bulks it up and not a lot of meat in it.Cats can tolerate to much cereal
I think i used to use Go-Cat supermeat with no problems

Moli
24-07-2005, 03:34 PM
I have just bought supermeat chicken in a tin..

Mags
24-07-2005, 03:35 PM
It'll be interesting to hear how Ollie gets on with it Moli...

shonedek
24-07-2005, 04:55 PM
well if that dont work then it will be down to the old cooked chicken/fish which mine love :)

Mags
24-07-2005, 05:20 PM
That's the safest you could get, eh Sam :-)

shonedek
24-07-2005, 05:46 PM
its the best but they dont have it to offtern as they are on steamed meat and veg.I only like to use chicken/Fish when they are off colour or ill

Mags
24-07-2005, 05:48 PM
Do you use any type of meat...and how long does it take to steam?

shonedek
24-07-2005, 08:53 PM
Lamb/beef/kidney/heart/turkey/rabbit
then chicken/fish
dosnt take long to steam and what i do is cook up a months supply then freeze it,Easyier that way then cooking every day.Veg tends to be whats in season at the time but they love pumpkin

Mags
24-07-2005, 08:56 PM
What a good idea.....and I could get a lot in my 3 tier steamer.....I might try that...

shonedek
24-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Cassie may look at you a bit odd the first time you try offering it to her,but mine i cant get it in the plate quick enough.The meat dosnt have to be cooked right the way through,i steam it till its hot .vegs need to be soft enough to liqidise and then mix with meat.To 1lb of meat you will only need one and a half/two table spoons of veg thats already been through the liquidiser.
If she takes to it and it can take time,you will notice a difference.Mine have never looked so healthy,very good coats,heavy weights without fat.The only thing i have learnt is not to feed it to my mums to be.It dosnt work and we had loads of problems.Now sorte*d and results speak for themselves.

Mags
24-07-2005, 09:51 PM
I'll try it and if she doesn't take to it there will be loads of it coming your way Sam! :-D

shonedek
24-07-2005, 09:53 PM
well mine will be more then grateful,they cant get enough.Cassie may take a day or two all depends whats shes like.Mine aint to fussy,providing its warm and has the feathers taken off.Wonder where Kelly is,did someone mention CHICKEN

Mags
24-07-2005, 09:56 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Fran
24-07-2005, 10:41 PM
What a good idea.....and I could get a lot in my 3 tier steamer.....I might try that...

Ooooh I got one of those as a wedding pressie Mags, never taken it out of the box :oops: Wouldn't know where to begin with it :?

Mags
24-07-2005, 10:45 PM
PK I haven't used a saucepan for veg for ages! I steam everything, it is much healthier and tastes better. I have even bought a second one incase this one packs up any time. Have a go, once you start you won't go back to boiling veg....

Moli
24-07-2005, 10:47 PM
I use a steamer too, they are brilliant...

Fran
24-07-2005, 10:48 PM
I realise it is much healthier but I nearly always use frozen veggies. It's only the dogs that get fresh veggies :roll:

Mags
24-07-2005, 10:49 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Is there anything that we do differently Moli?

Mags
24-07-2005, 10:50 PM
I realise it is much healthier but I nearly always use frozen veggies. It's only the dogs that get fresh veggies :roll:
You're loosing some vital vitamins there PK! :roll:

Fran
24-07-2005, 10:51 PM

I've thought of one :lol: You don't wear thermal underwear Mags :-D

Fran
24-07-2005, 10:52 PM
You're loosing some vital vitamins there PK! :roll:

Frozen veggies are supposed to be healthier than fresh Mags

Mags
24-07-2005, 10:54 PM

I've thought of one :lol: You don't wear thermal underwear Mags :-D
I'll put them on my Christmas list! :-D

Fran
24-07-2005, 10:57 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Don't think I will, if hubby is slacking with the feet tickling I don't think thermal undies will help in any way :?

Mags
24-07-2005, 11:01 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: I'm positive they won't PK!