PDA

View Full Version : Hi guys

sakuya
22-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Hi guys

Just wanted to say Hi to everyone on here. Only joined this forum today, didn't even know it existed until I was sent the link :D I'm Kat and I breed Siamese and Orientals (and soon Sokokes). Our home is like a zoo with all our cats, 2 rescue dogs, 4 tropical fish tanks and 3 Chinchillas. I do love being at home with my fur kids and rarely leave the house apart from cat shows and footy matches. Guess I'm a hermit really lol.

Abbi
22-07-2005, 04:16 PM
Hi Kat

Welcome to CP!! Hope you enjoy it here! I have two chinchillas too - they are such funny little creatures!

Abbi

sakuya
22-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Thanks :D Must admit, prior to coming to the UK I had never heard of a Chinchilla (apart from the feline kind). We wanted a pet for our daughter and after much discussion and research, we chose the Chin. After we'd had him for a year, we thought he would appreciate company because even though our daughter would put him in the cat run twice daily for games, it's not the same as having another of your "own kind". So we took him to the vets to have him sexed as we didn't want any little accidents. Were told he was a boy so we bought another boy. Within a year, wouldn't you know it, we suddenly had 3, not 2. Turns out our original boy was a girl! We kept the baby and had the male neutered straight away lol. What colour are your Chins?

Fran
22-07-2005, 04:20 PM
Hi Kat, welcome to CP....I hope you enjoy chatting with us :-)

Abbi
22-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Ooppps, but I bet they were cute as kits!! I have two girls Ruby & Rosy and they are both beige.

bobbie3917
22-07-2005, 04:26 PM
hello and welcome, im Natalie
i used to have 2 chins they are great to watch

Mags
22-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Hi Kat, welcome to Catpages :smt039
We like to see pics of all your pets :wink:

Abbi
22-07-2005, 05:00 PM
Oooo yeah yeah pics please!

Moli
22-07-2005, 06:04 PM
Hi Kat, warm welcome to catpages..lovely to see someon with siamese and orientials..I have a 6 month old black oriential called oliver...

Jeanette
22-07-2005, 06:26 PM
Hi Kat

Welcome to CP :)

sakuya
22-07-2005, 06:32 PM
Thank you everyone for the very warm welcome :D :D It's lovely to "meet" you all :D The cats that I own are:

Kahlua - neuter seal point boy
Tia Maria - seal tabby pt breeding girl
Tia Lusso - blue tabby pt breeding girl (Tia Maria's daughter)
Cacao - neuter Black Tortie Oriental ex breeding girl
Sambuca - black oriental (cacao's daughter)
Drambuie - black tortie oriental (also cacao's daughter)
Amaretto - Havana
Amarula - Oriental black (Amaretto's daughter)
Ice - blue pt stud boy
Sheridans - chocolate pt stud boy

and I have 2 girls due this weekend and am hoping my Amaretto will have a blue girl in the litter for us to keep as well :D All of our fur kids are pets first and foremost and we would be totally lost without them. They are all insane and drive us insane but that's just how it goes lol

2 of our chins are beige and the other (mum ) is a black velvet.

Moli - is Oliver the boy in your avatar? He is lovely :)

Natalie - your Staffies are beautiful and I drooled over your puppy pages

Mags
22-07-2005, 06:39 PM
What lovely names your cats have, Kat!

bobbie3917
22-07-2005, 07:25 PM
thanks Kat i like them ;) hopefuly i will have a site for my Maine coons coon

sakuya
22-07-2005, 09:07 PM
lol thanks Mags, when we first got Kahlua, and named him that we thought we would name all of our cats after the same alcoholic theme lol. The only reason that Ice is slightly different is because he was the first stud boy we ever bought and we couldn't think what went with our drinks and then thought of Ice, as Ice goes into drinks so our Ice goes into..........all our girls ;)

Oooooooohhhhhh you're an MC person then Bobbie? Do you know of Norvin MC's, Karenco MC's or Elyskats MC's? (they are the only coon breeders I know and am in touch with but I do so love all the photos of their cats).

And I love looking at pics of other people's cats (hint hint)

Mags
22-07-2005, 09:14 PM
Kat, if they were my cats I would have to put labels on them to remember all those names... :roll:

sakuya
22-07-2005, 09:15 PM
ROFL Mags, well at Christmas time, after we've had a few cocktails I need labels on them to remember their names ;)

And now.......I'm off to do litter trays, feed the infirm, do stud house and go upstairs and wait for babies to be born but I've had a wonderful time on here today and will be back tomorrow :D :D :D

You are all lovely, friendly people.

Mags
22-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Never a dull moment eh Kat!

Have you got kitties due tonight :shock:

sakuya
23-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Mags I have 2 queens due on Sunday/Monday but as it's always possible they will give birth within 24 hours either side, I like to be more than ready :) Fortunately, nothing yet thank goodness and I'm hoping they will be kind to me and deliver during the day time and not in the early hours of the morning lol

Mags
23-07-2005, 12:59 PM
I hope everything goes well when the time comes....don't forget to let us know 8)

Fran
23-07-2005, 01:07 PM
Good Luck Kat!

sakuya
23-07-2005, 01:28 PM
Thanks guys :D They have both had a few litters before that still is no guarantee that it will be all easy. But as soon as something happens, I'll be letting you know :D :D :D

Bellakatz
23-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Hello Kat

Good luck for your new arrivals
I shall be watching for news in your pregnancy diaries :-D :-D

belladiablo
25-07-2005, 12:40 PM
:-D :-D :-D

Great to see you on here, lovely! :-D :-D :-D :-D