PDA

View Full Version : Indoor or outdoor cats

Kazz
20-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Do your cats have access to the garden and if they do can they also go out into the wide world or are they strictly housecats no outside access?

Mine have access to the house garden front and back the whole wide world as long as they are back for dinner :-D of course

Bellakatz
20-07-2005, 04:43 PM
My cats only have access to my Garden

I wouldnt risk any of my cats going out into the wide world

belladiablo
20-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Me too!

Fran
20-07-2005, 05:18 PM
My cats have access to the big wide world, but other than Sylvester they rarely go out of mine or the neighbours gardens. They are all in at night though, except Sylvester who try as I might I cannot keep in, he just howls all night untill you let him out :roll:

Mags
20-07-2005, 05:37 PM
My cat has access to the big wide world....but at the back of the house only. She very rarely wanders far, preferring to stay in my garden or the next doors garden. She is always in at night by 7.00-7.30 and doesn't go out again til morning...

Jeanette
20-07-2005, 05:40 PM
As I live on the first floor.. Oliver is an indoor cat.

When we move to a place with a garden, I will be making a dog/kitty run, where Luna and Oliver can be..

I wouldnt be able to work or sleep if I knew Oliver was out there free...

shonedek
20-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Mine are indrrr at the moment but will have acces to the garden.Some do go for walks in the garden on a harness but not many.However theres no way i would let them have access to further,being Persians they would get pinched,Killed by the road or covered by the cat next door.Now thats not a pretty thought

Mags
20-07-2005, 07:07 PM
What kind of cat lives next door Sam?

Azz
20-07-2005, 08:56 PM
Cheetah is strictly an indoors-only cat at present :)

smudgley
20-07-2005, 10:09 PM
My cats go where they want - when they want - with who they want. :lol:

*Obviously my rescues stay in their pen/run*

Mags
20-07-2005, 10:12 PM
Easy going cats then Smudgley :-D

smudgley
20-07-2005, 10:26 PM
They just rule the roost around here & make their own desicions about stuff. They get fed when they say so :roll: they come & go as they please :roll: they have cuddles when it suits them :roll: they sleep where they want :roll: they tell us when it's time for bed :roll:

I have so much control over them - NOT :oops: :oops: :oops:

Mags
20-07-2005, 10:28 PM
....and you love every minute! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fran
20-07-2005, 10:33 PM
Awwwww It's great to hear that your cats have such an excellent existence Smudgley :-D How nice that they can make decisions and have a say in what they want to do!! Well done you.....

Kazz
20-07-2005, 10:40 PM
Smudgley - tell me when my cats moved into your house or vice versa :-D because there life sounds a hell of a lot like mine.
Oscar came out to the front today as I was trying to cut the grass only to say "Oi the dogs eat my lunch come on I need more" and do you know all five people in the garden knew what he'd said :roll:

The neighbours just looked on :-D
Karen

Mags
20-07-2005, 10:42 PM
:smt043 @Kazz

Kazz
20-07-2005, 10:43 PM
You may laugh - but its true he does tell you what he wants and so does Cleo - she has been known to follow me to the shop demanding cheese :roll:

Mags
20-07-2005, 10:49 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: do you lip read then Kazz? :-D

Fran
20-07-2005, 10:50 PM
It's all in the meow Mags!! different meows mean different things!!

Kazz
20-07-2005, 10:52 PM
Correct PK :-D

Moli
20-07-2005, 10:53 PM
I can understand what my lot want.....They are all different...

shonedek
21-07-2005, 01:00 AM
Mags the cat next door is the uglyest looking cat i think ive ever seen,Its a tabby with white feet but he has the ugly.He dosnt belong to anyone,just wanders in and out all the time.Used to belong to people that lived next door.They moved and left him.I love cats dont get me wrong but i hate him,pesky thing.
Winds my 2 boys up big time hissing and spitting at them.He never sees me coming with the jug of water and i get him most times.Will be nice when the garden is cat proofed and we can keep him out

Mags
21-07-2005, 08:00 AM
:lol: @Sam
You must keep your girls away from him then Sam! :shock:

Kazz
21-07-2005, 12:32 PM
Would you like to lend Oscar for a day or two even at his age he is more than capable of fending off the roughest toughest Toms. :-D

Mind you I THINK scaring off newish/toublesome cats is becoming easier for him these days as he has back up (though don't tell him) in the form of the two dogs not many cats stand and face up to enraged established large Tom (Oscar) and those that do rarely stick around when his back up two Staffordshire bull Terriers arrive on the scene. Ready to defend him to the death.

I still think he is convinced its him doing the chasing though. But he rarely has to prove it these days - mostly because no cat encroaches on his teritory as the dogs defend it in his absence (ie sleeping in the shed) :wink:
Mind you there is also the small guided missle ie Cleo who rarely gets involved in any disagreements with the neighbours. But when she does Boy look out, :shock: