PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone cat proof their garden?

Azz
20-07-2005, 03:43 PM
I posted this for someone on Dogweb the other day, it's about how to cat proof your garden.. I'd love to be able to do this!

It's basically a 6 foot fence then at the top a wire mesh at around 45 degrees, because the mesh is loose the cats cannot get over it!

see here: http://www.woodycoon.com/html/cat-proof_fencing.html

http://www.woodycoon.com/assets/images/fencing_apr_04_a.jpg

Has anyone ever done anthing similar?

belladiablo
20-07-2005, 03:55 PM
Bellakatz garden is completely enclosed, as will mine be one day!
Mine just have a large 'playpen' out the back at the mo!

Bellakatz
20-07-2005, 04:03 PM
Hi ya

I have my garden completley enclosed as Sue has said

My Bengals love it,,,,,,
I was looking at woodycoons website the other day :-D :-D

belladiablo
20-07-2005, 04:04 PM
Your garden always looks nice, will be glad when we can get ours done! AND I can get a washing line up! ha ha ha!

Bellakatz
20-07-2005, 04:06 PM
The only problem is the cats keep digging the flowers up.. :-D :-D

belladiablo
20-07-2005, 04:08 PM
Well!
Were they not planted just for them to play with??????? ha ha ha ha!!!!

Little ******s, yes, Paul has accidently left one of his Bonsai outside in the run, BIG mistake, will go and rescue it in a sec, before it becomes a BINsai, ha ha ha!!!

Bellakatz
20-07-2005, 04:17 PM
oh Paul will go mad

And the cats seem to think the kids paddling pool is for them
Why do Bengals like water so much :roll: :roll: :roll:

Abbi
20-07-2005, 04:25 PM
I wish I could do that with mine but its impossible for me.

Kazz
20-07-2005, 04:30 PM
No I don't catproof the garden my two have always gone oout into the big wide world. I think they enjoyed life more that way, :-D

shonedek
20-07-2005, 04:33 PM
were getting ready to cat proof,next week .Looking forward to the cats being able to play in the garden as and when they want

belladiablo
20-07-2005, 04:37 PM
I used to let mine free roam, and l did believe I was doing the right thing, until two got run over and died. Before the first one got run over, he got into a bad fight, that left his guts hanging out, trying to escape over a fence! Then we had a cat go missing, for over three months! This has put me off cats being outside, and try to encourage my new kitten owners of this also!

And this way, they are kept away from the major diseases, (apart from cat flu, which is an airbourne virus!

Bellakatz
20-07-2005, 04:38 PM
were getting ready to cat proof,next week .Looking forward to the cats being able to play in the garden as and when they want

Your cats will love it :-D :-D

Mine love to sunbathe and chase butterflies,oh and paddle in the pool :shock:

belladiablo
20-07-2005, 04:45 PM
I wish I could do that with mine but its impossible for me.

Thats a shame Abbi, what about a play run?????????

Kazz
20-07-2005, 04:49 PM
I used to let mine free roam, and l did believe I was doing the right thing, until two got run over and died. Before the first one got run over, he got into a bad fight, that left his guts hanging out, trying to escape over a fence! Then we had a cat go missing, for over three months! This has put me off cats being outside, and try to encourage my new kitten owners of this also!

And this way, they are kept away from the major diseases, (apart from cat flu, which is an airbourne virus!

I understand why - but I lost a cat to a road accident Archie. But it did not put me off letting these two out. And they have had fights - wandered away overnight leaving me distraught but they love being out and about following me on walks with the dogs etc etc and we live on an estate in the centre (almost) of Birmingham and Oscar and Cleo have now made it to 23 so no harm done and they have always been inoculated against disease etc.

Karen

belladiablo
20-07-2005, 04:55 PM
Sorry Kaz,

Wasn't meaning to sound as if you were 'wrong'. Plenty of people let cats free roam, including some very well known Bengal breeders! I was just explaining why I used to but don't now!

Didn't mean to imply anything about you by it!!!!!

23 is a grand age!!! :-D :-D :-D

Mags
20-07-2005, 05:29 PM
Sam, when it's all finished can you post some pics of it for us please?

Jeanette
20-07-2005, 05:43 PM
When I get a garden, I will make an enclosure... a kinda doggy run.. So that both cat and dog (hopefully dogs soon) can be outthere when they want, without me worrying :)

Mags
20-07-2005, 05:53 PM
I hope that day comes very soon OM, it will be nice for Luna, Oliver......and you!

Jeanette
20-07-2005, 05:54 PM
Thank you Mags :-D

I just hope, Oliver isnt too chicken to go outside :) He's a wuss :lol: :lol:

Mags
20-07-2005, 05:56 PM
It will seem strange to him at first but once he is used to it he will love it OM!

Moli
20-07-2005, 06:02 PM
Thank you Mags :-D

I just hope, Oliver isnt too chicken to go outside :) He's a wuss :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Poor boy..

Fran
20-07-2005, 06:09 PM
He'll go out eventually OM, the curiosity will get the better of him :-D

Mags
20-07-2005, 06:15 PM
......and then she will wish she had never let him out in the first place :-D

Jeanette
20-07-2005, 06:27 PM
Yeah I bet you are right :-D :-D

shonedek
20-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Mags i will put Pictures of before and after.Its like a jungle at the moment.waiting for sheds to arrive which will be converted to summer house,well sort of.Got a ton of gravel to which we have to shift by hand so hope its not to hot the next 2 weeks

Mags
20-07-2005, 07:05 PM
Watch your back shifting that gravel Sam :shock:

Azz
20-07-2005, 08:54 PM
Bellakatz please post piccies!

I think i'd only let Cheetah outdoors if the garden was 'enclosed' - I would just worry too much about someone stealing her because she looks 'different' or something else bad happening to her otherwise :(

Least in an enclosed garden you don't have to worry and as the gardens an ok size she can enjoy the great outdoors and be safe :)

PS Abbi, your garden should be do-able?

Mags
20-07-2005, 08:58 PM
You'll never find the time to do your garden Azz! :wink:

belladiablo
20-07-2005, 09:25 PM
Bellakatz please post piccies!

I think i'd only let Cheetah outdoors if the garden was 'enclosed' - I would just worry too much about someone stealing her because she looks 'different' or something else bad happening to her otherwise :(

Least in an enclosed garden you don't have to worry and as the gardens an ok size she can enjoy the great outdoors and be safe :)

PS Abbi, your garden should be do-able?

I am sure she will! Her garden is lovely all enclosed! Bengals are clever though, so she has to be very careful!!!!

Bellakatz
21-07-2005, 09:03 AM
AZZ...I will get some pics for you today :-D :-D