PDA

View Full Version : About yoru breeds?

Luke
18-07-2005, 07:43 PM
Could u all please tell me about your cats breeds, what are they like personality?
How much daily maintanance (sp?) do they need?
How healthy are they?
Etc, etc
We are looking to purchase another cat, and have considered a few but have heard various horror stories on the select ones so please give me some info on your breed and/or usggest a suitable breed.
Best wishes

Bellakatz
18-07-2005, 07:50 PM
To be honest you will hear horror stories about all cat breeds

Stick to the breed you were originally interested in.but find yourself a good breeder

If you need any advice,just shout .
I know bits and bobs about alot of breeds

I could plug the Bengals but it seems unfair because to me they are just the best.....

What breeds were you considering...

Luke
18-07-2005, 07:51 PM
Siamese, Ragdolls, Maine Coons, Ragdoll again!!!!!!

Mags
18-07-2005, 09:25 PM
I've got a good ole tortoiseshell moggie, no horror stories to report about her.....just that she is my little beauty who likes to be fed, groomed, fussed over and played with........and I wouldn't change her :-D

Fran
18-07-2005, 09:37 PM
I'm the same - 6 Moggies and no horror stories, Lucky is eighteen and other than her jabs you could count on one hand how many time she has needed a vet :-)

Luke
18-07-2005, 09:51 PM
i think it may be a moggie, i love moggies but was jsut considering a pedigree, loads of moggie kittens allways for sale up at the sheyland farm
Do u think Lu-1 and family should walk the dogs via the farm tommorow?

Bellakatz
19-07-2005, 02:57 PM
LU-1
If you were going to pay pedigree prices and have now changed your mind
And have decided to take on a moggie kitten,why not go to your nearest rescue center and adopt two moggies from there
Two moggies will be much cheaper than 1 pedigree ,and 2 moggies will be twice as much fun
:-D :-D :-D

And as we all know most cats at rescue centers deserve a kind loving home

Luke
19-07-2005, 03:46 PM
Rescue centres take one look at the dogs and say no!!!!!!
Main reason dogs are terriers bred for catching small creatures etc.
Although we already ahve a cat have allways had cats usually with kittens in the house, but this isnt good enough.
So if we do go for one it will be through an add, the farm etc
Best wishes

Bellakatz
19-07-2005, 03:52 PM
I can understand what you are saying

We often visit our local Rescue center and most of the cats are not allowed to be rehomed with children under ten

I have four children from the age of four to fifthteen ,all of them have been raised with cats and kittens
So they all respect a cat...Yet still we wasnt suitable for adoption :(

belladiablo
19-07-2005, 04:55 PM
I don't understand why rescue centres make it so hard, I know there have to be rules, but surely this explains the lack of 'suitable' homes? It seems a real shame, that some homes are turned down because they are near a road, and yet the person trying to adopt has assured that the cat/kitten will not be allowed out! Such a shame, I hear this a lot from kitten customers, who have tried to do the right thing! But have been turned down for some very strange reasons! Don't get me wrong, I am picky with my customers, but surely there has to be a bit of common sense in these rulings?