If so why?
If not, then why?
Best wishes

Bellakatz
18-07-2005, 07:46 PM
None of my cats wear collars
1....none of them free roam
2...some are microchipped
3...i have seen cats and kittens get caught up and nearly strangle them selfs whilst wearing collars

shonedek
18-07-2005, 08:06 PM
None of mine wear collars.They dont roam free and i would never collar a cat.Have to deal with way to many collar (including safe collars) injuries from where they are either hung up or when it gets it paw through collar and ends up waering it around its shoulder.Very nasty and they are in so much pain

Fran
18-07-2005, 08:38 PM
I have not put a collar on any of my cats for many years now since one of my friend's cat hung itself wearing a 'safety' collar :(

Mags
18-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Yes, Cassie has worn a collar for about seven years. It is a safety collar which I made sure undid easily at the slightest tug.
The reason she wears it is to alert birds and other creatures that she is around. The bell on it is louder than the average and I am sure it has saved many a birds life as she is always stalking them :roll:

Moli
18-07-2005, 09:37 PM
I don't put colars on mine, they are not really outdoor cats, they are microchipped though..

Moli
18-07-2005, 09:38 PM
I don't put collars on mine, they are not really outdoor cats, they are microchipped though..

Kazz
18-07-2005, 11:14 PM
Neither of my two now wear collars haven't for about 14 years :-D ever since a friends cat got themselfs almost hung by their collar.

Oscar was forever loosing his anyhow and yet the next day would reappear with it in his mouth :roll: I suspect he found it on his travels.

They are both microchipped too. :-D

Abbi
19-07-2005, 09:07 AM
My two pedigree's wear collars - even though they do not go out - and they are microchipped, Daisy the older cat who only goes out every now and again, does not wear a collar, she only goes into the garden and back in - never seems to wander very far.

smudgley
19-07-2005, 12:32 PM
My own wear collars with my phone number on & also to help the birds have a head start when they are being stalked by them :roll:

I don't / wouldn't put a collar on any of the rescue cats I have in

Mags
19-07-2005, 12:55 PM
Would just like to add that Cassie has never worn a flea collar....