PDA

View Full Version : Maud

Fran
14-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Yesterday I found Maud feeding Claude and Clooney in the porch :shock: I was mortified! there will be no milk left for the little babes with those great oafs pinching it all :roll: I don't think this can be normal, she really is more interested in feeding them than her new babes :?

Mags
14-07-2005, 01:14 PM
How strange :shock: I reckon it's those two little terrors pestering her and being the good mum she is, she doesn't like to refuse....

Moli
14-07-2005, 01:15 PM
They obviously think the milk bar has reopened, little devils...

smudgley
14-07-2005, 01:15 PM
When we had Smudge as a 6 week old kitten - she started to suckle from our dog - who was at the time having a phantom, not much milk there - but she did it for comfort. The dog enjoyed it as she had a new baby to satisfy her phantom pregnancy & everyone was happy - the dog would wash her & the kitten would suck & suck & suck! This went on.............& on.................& on.......................
Smudge is 20 months old now - she still does it, not every day & nowhere near as much as she used to - but she does it now & again. It's a comfort thing.

:roll:

Fran
14-07-2005, 01:16 PM
She is acting very strangly. She will feed her babes but as soon as they are asleep she is off to find Claude and Clooney :?

Moli
14-07-2005, 01:16 PM
They obviously think the milk bar has reopened, little devils...

smudgley
14-07-2005, 01:17 PM
When we had Smudge as a 6 week old kitten - she started to suckle from our dog - who was at the time having a phantom, not much milk there - but she did it for comfort. The dog enjoyed it as she had a new baby to satisfy her phantom pregnancy & everyone was happy - the dog would wash her & the kitten would suck & suck & suck! This went on.............& on.................& on.......................
Smudge is 20 months old now - she still does it, not every day & nowhere near as much as she used to - but she does it now & again. It's a comfort thing.

Mags
14-07-2005, 01:17 PM

Awww how sweet Smudgley!!

Fran
14-07-2005, 01:19 PM
I think I remember you telling the story before Smudgley and it is very sweet. How is she now that your dog has had puppies - does she still want to get in there and suckle?

smudgley
14-07-2005, 02:50 PM
don't know why that posted twice?

She is still very close to the dog & they still snuggle up to each other, I haven't seen her suckle since we've had the pups. Don't blame her though, all those teats all sweaty & puppy breath all over them, she's much to posh for that is my Smudge :-D

Mags
14-07-2005, 02:55 PM
:-D

Fran
14-07-2005, 03:06 PM
:lol: