PDA

View Full Version : Siamese

Luke
12-07-2005, 07:31 PM
Hi all,
as you know Clementine our Ragdoll cross cat came back after being missing, and since then she sort of seems to be lost. As we have the 2 dogs they play together and sort of leave her out, so we are considering a friend foir her, and simultaniously fell to siamese , my gran used to have Saimese, but she is a bit, lets say grown bitter over the years so i cant be bothered to ask her, as she will jsut give me an answer that is purely out of spite. And a few of u have mentioned u used to keep them...........
So what are they like?
Mentally?
Physically?
Do they get along with other pets?
Do they need to let out or are they happy to be house cats?
generally what are they like to keep as a pet?
Also any pictures would be great
Best wishes

Fran
12-07-2005, 07:33 PM
Hi Luke
Perhaps Moli could throw some light on this as she has Oliver - a black Siamese....I have never had a Siamese although I find them intriguing.......

Luke
12-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Well i will ahve to wait for her to log on then, i forgot about pat having siamese

belladiablo
12-07-2005, 08:48 PM
Hi Luke,

There is a Siamese club website which may have some info;
http://www.siamesecatclub.co.uk/

There are also a couple of chat places;
http://www.siamesecats.tv/
http://www.siamesecatchat.com/forum/index.php

I also know of a lovely breeder, but am not sure if she has any babies at the mo!
http://www.schimmelorientals.com/index.php

Hope this helps Luke :-)

Luke
12-07-2005, 09:13 PM
Thanks but on the forum one i cant post, maybe you have to be a member for so long?
Thanks will keep looking
Best wishes

Mags
12-07-2005, 09:17 PM
[quote="Lu-1"]Hi all,
my gran used to have Saimese, but she is a bit, lets say warped with age so i cant be bothered to ask her.

I hope you weren't serious when you said that about your Gran, Luke :shock: :shock: :shock:

belladiablo
12-07-2005, 09:20 PM
Thanks but on the forum one i cant post, maybe you have to be a member for so long?
Thanks will keep looking
Best wishes

If you have difficulty with posting, the best person to ask would be kat@schimmelsiamese.com

She may be able to figure out why!

Sue

Luke
12-07-2005, 09:23 PM
[quote=Lu-1]Hi all,
my gran used to have Saimese, but she is a bit, lets say warped with age so i cant be bothered to ask her.

I hope you weren't serious when you said that about your Gran, Luke :shock: :shock: :shock:

Yes i am Mags, definatley so

Mags
12-07-2005, 09:26 PM
Well I'm sorry Luke but I think that is rather disrespectful of you, especially on an open forum....

Fran
12-07-2005, 09:32 PM
I think that you are right Mags. Luke - you could do no worse than ask your grandma's advice; the older generation have a wealth of knowledge often ignored by the young.....and remember old age comes to us all and sooner than you could imagine!!!!

Luke
12-07-2005, 09:32 PM
What? its jusy something that i wanted to put in my post, it isnt over offensive to anyone on board

Luke
12-07-2005, 09:36 PM
I think that you are right Mags. Luke - you could do no worse than ask your grandma's advice; the older generation have a wealth of knowledge often ignored by the young.....and remember old age comes to us all and sooner than you could imagine!!!!
i ahve already asked her about siamese, and she jsut said they are like any other cats, when i ahve been told by other people that they arent.
Look it isnt a part of the topic, just a part of the post.
She jsut doesnt seem that bothered anymore, her cats are more so, kept to keep down the mice then as pets, it isnt her fault jsut the way she has been taught to care for them.

Anyways staying on topic any ideas on specific requirements of siamese cats?

best wishes[/b]

Luke
12-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Oh jsut read the psot i wans ton about mentally etc, she is bitter, thats what i shoudl ahve put sorry, jsut realsied oops

Mags
12-07-2005, 09:38 PM
Of course it is offensive, what would your Gran think if she knew her grandson was saying things like that about her for the world to see?
I don't know how old you are Luke but just a bit of advice.....take time to think before you say things about people, especially your family.