PDA

View Full Version : What is wrong with them!

smudgley
07-07-2005, 12:38 PM
OK for anyone who hasn't read my other post - yesterday my cats had
2 frogs :shock:
a mouse :shock:
a blackbird :shock:

& today I found 3 baby birds :cry: (really tiny ones with no hair) which have obviously been stolen from a nest - now why have they suddenly gone hunting mad? They haven't killed anything for months & months & suddenly all this! :evil:
I know it's nature - but it makes me angry - they are such lovely girls, with the sweetest temperaments & they can kill little creatures :cry: :cry:

Mags
07-07-2005, 12:50 PM
How odd that they should start now.....are all the cats involved Smudgley?

Fran
07-07-2005, 01:05 PM
This is really strange behaviour :smt017 for them to be hunting so intensely just over a couple of days......are you sure you are feeding them Smudgley :-D

smudgley
07-07-2005, 06:49 PM
Well it's not Mitten, because she's done a runner again (she's the one who spends half her life at our old house & she's not been here the last couple of days)

Smudge (who can do no wrong in my eyes & I have told my husband many times I love her more than him & if ever I had to choose between them it would be ......................... you know who :shock: ) well she occasionally brings back a bird, but hasn't done for ages, she did steal a baby bird from a nest a few weeks ago - but before that I can't remember the last time she had a bird. Occasionally she'll have a mouse, but again it tends to be now & again. As far as I know she's never had a frog before.

Emily - I've never seen her stalking or killing anything, too slow maybe, too thick possibly? not sure really, just too sweet to kill things :roll:

So although I haven't caught them in the act it was Emily who had both the frogs & she was very close to the mouse.

Nothing else has changed. I am feeding them :-D . They both sleep on my bed as normal. The only slight change in routine is that we have pups & I'm at home a lot more than usual.

edit to add - :idea: Do you think they are trying to impress me because I am spending a lot of time with my foster cats? I have all 4 pens full at present & have more cats in than I have had before. Although I still give my own lots of attention, do you think they maybe feel a bit jealous? Oh I will never understand cats, I've studied dog behaviour & it all makes sense about dogs - but cats :roll: I just don't understand them sometimes.

PS - I found more baby birds - they were scattered all over the lawn & they must have took the lot :evil: I hope noone saw them, some people do nasty things to cats don't they. :cry:

Mags
07-07-2005, 07:00 PM
Do you think they could be bringing you presents because, as you say, you are home more than usual :-D
Maybe Smudge (who can do no wrong :lol: :lol: :lol: ) planted the frogs and mouse on Emily so she would get the blame :roll: :lol:

Hope your nose is on the mend Smudgley 8)

smudgley
07-07-2005, 07:08 PM
I think Emily would like to catch things & I think she is very proud of her frogs - but I do think Smudge caught them & gave them to her, I just don't think Emily has got in in her to kill them. :oops:

My nose is sore & my tongue is black & blue - otherwise I'm fine now. :D

Lucy is much better today & is off to school tomorrow (I asked Dr if she can go & he said yes if she's feeling ok & as long as she's not coughing as that's how it can be spread) she hasn't got a cough at all & she wants to go back - so she might as well go, I checked today with the school that they'll give her the antibiotics & they said they will.(she's on 4xdaily & I can't fit 4 in unless she has one at school)

Mags
07-07-2005, 08:36 PM
{posted by Smudgley}
My nose is sore & my tongue is black & blue - otherwise I'm fine now.

How about a pic Smudgley? :wink:

Glad Lucy is feeling well enough to go back to school tomorrow....hope she gets on alright...

smudgley
07-07-2005, 09:09 PM
After all the trouble I had posting the last pics of Buttercup & Butterscotch?
:-D

Fran
07-07-2005, 09:10 PM
Mags or I will post the piccies for you Smudgley :-D Not getting out of it that easily :lol:

Mags
07-07-2005, 09:12 PM
You can't wriggle out of it now Smudgley :-D