PDA

View Full Version : Having a bad day.

smudgley
06-07-2005, 01:24 PM
OK last night I was woken up by one of my cats throwing something around - to discover a dead frog.

This morning I got up to another frog (alive) & half a mouse in the lounge, my cats don't usually hunt much so why they felt the need for 2 frogs & a mouse I don't know.

Then my daughter woke up with a headache / bad throat - looks like tonsilitis.

Then I get a phone call about a dog I am rehoming - from the potential adopters, who say they've changed their mind. I've been looking for the right home for this dog for such a long time.

Then my gazebo took off over the fence - I shot up like a mad woman, raced into the consevatory - but forgot I had shut the patio doors :cry:
I bounced off them like a ragdoll & fell to the ground - a bit shook up, bit my tongue, headache, bruised nose/leg. Otherwise ok.

Then me & Lu had to try & rescue the gazebo both feeling rough!

Other than that we are having a lovely day. :roll:

Fran
06-07-2005, 02:00 PM
ooooh Smudgley, I think I may be inclined to go back to bed for a while and maybe get out the other side to see if the rest of the day goes more smoothly :roll: Hope you didn't hurt yourself too much when you bounced off the patio doors :shock:

Mags
06-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Awwww poor Smudgley! But look on the bright side, at least you got it all over in one day :-D I hope you've had a serious word with your cats, a mouse is one thing ....but a http://bestsmileys.com/animals/5.gif.......yuk!!

Seriously though, I hope both you and your daughter will be feeling better soon :D

smudgley
06-07-2005, 05:24 PM
Thanks both. x

I've taken my daughter to the Dr who has confirmed tonsilitis.

I am feeling ok, just a bruise on my nose & still a headache.

The frog thing :shock: not sure what that was all about - they've never had frogs before (not that I know of) & Emily was tossing the dead one around at 1am :roll: - then early this morning my daughter said "daddy there's a frog hopping around behind the telly & there's something furry with only half a body & a tail in the lounge" :roll:

Mags
06-07-2005, 07:04 PM
Never a dull moment in your house Smudgley! :-D

smudgley
06-07-2005, 07:35 PM
I'll be glad when this day is over.
I had to wait for hubby to get back from work so that I could go shopping (didn't want to drag my daughter along whilst feeling miserable)
Just got back from shopping to discover that "Smudge" has done a bit of shopping of her own & left me a present on the doorstep................ a blackbird :cry:

So in the last 24hours we've had 2 frogs - a mouse - a blackbird! They've not brought anything back for ages - what's wrong with them! :roll:

smudgley
06-07-2005, 07:37 PM
Good job I'm off work again tomorrow to look after Lucy - who is very hot & can't swallow :( & has gone to lie on my bed with her daddy, whilst me & other daughter are supposed to be doing homework - right better go & help out with homework.... bye for now.

Fran
06-07-2005, 07:54 PM
Awww, hope your daughter feels better soon Smudgley....

Mags
06-07-2005, 08:16 PM
Awwww, it's a lot easier being at work isn't it Smudgley.. :lol:
You are remembering to feed those cats of yours, aren't you :roll: They are bringing a lot of take aways home lately :shock: :lol:

Hope Lucy feels better soon.......and your head and bruised nose :(

Jeanette
06-07-2005, 09:08 PM
AWww poor you Smudge

Hope tomorrow will be better

Moli
06-07-2005, 09:57 PM
Hope today is better for you Smudge...Thats a lot in one day...

smudgley
07-07-2005, 08:05 AM
Thankyou everyone.

I feel ok today - just my tomgue is veryswollen where I bit it :roll:

Lu is feeling brighter too. 8)

Fran
07-07-2005, 08:07 AM
Morning Smudgley, hope you have a better day today!!!!!

Jeanette
07-07-2005, 08:11 AM
Aww glad to hear u both are a bit better :)

Mags
07-07-2005, 08:19 AM
Morning Smudgley.....pleased to hear things are looking better today..
.....you won't have to talk so much and rest that swollen tongue :-D