PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Claude

Fran
22-06-2005, 10:25 PM
We are having a few problems with Claude.....he has decided that he no longer likes the dogs and keeps hissing and swiping them with his paw :( I've no idea why as he has been brought up with them and has always got on well with them. They love him to bits and can't understand why he is being like this. It is really winding hubby up as tonight he has nearly taken
Maddie's eye out :shock: and Maddie is hubby's baby :roll: He has threatened to put Claude back up the tree and leave him there :smt103

Moli
22-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Think he is maybe just maturing PK, Trying it on....Sam would probably know better than me...

Mags
22-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Yes I agree with Moli PK, he is beginning to 'find' himself.....

Fran
22-06-2005, 10:31 PM
Think he is maybe just maturing PK, Trying it on....Sam would probably know better than me...

I hope that's all it is Moli or we may have a divorce on our hands here :roll: Hubby & Maddie vs Me & Claude :shock:

Moli
22-06-2005, 10:36 PM
When Merlin started to mature, he and Leo had some really bad fights, there would be chunks of fur all over the place, Merlin was a bulshy little s*d..Once I had him snipped they settled down...

Fran
22-06-2005, 10:39 PM
Ooooh I hope that that will sort Claude out too then Moli. Clooney is fine with them though and he is a couple of weeks older than Claude :?

shonedek
23-06-2005, 03:45 PM
it sounds to me more like he has had a scare.May be one of the dogs accidently trod of him or pushes him or if they have long tails just hit him wagging it or just frightened him.Cats dont like or forget and hes just telling them that he is here so watch it
I would of thought he was to young to be asserting himself,but i may be wrong.cant remember how old he is?But normally 8 months is when they start to act like a man.
I have one here who hates my dogs ,if they go anywhere near her shes goes totally mad at them.Poor smart is totally frightened of her and is a shivering wimp.And all because he tripped over her when she was a kitten,shes never forgiven and shes coming up 4 now.

Fran
23-06-2005, 05:18 PM
Thanks for that Sam... Claude is not quite four months old. I can't recall an incident between her and the dogs :? but something may have happened without me knowing I suppose. He gets on great with all the other cats, even Sylvester who doesn't like the kitts doesn't phase him and he goes up to him to try and make friends. He loves the rabbits and they are considerably bigger than him.....so I'm at a loss really. Clooney loves the labs, it's really wierd :roll:

Mags
23-06-2005, 09:46 PM
What has Claude been like with the dogs today PK?

Fran
23-06-2005, 09:48 PM
Much the same really Mags :roll: It's such a shame 'cos Clooney loves them!

Mags
23-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Let's hope it's just a stage he's going through...

A little while back you were talking about going for another litter of pups....have you decided anything yet?

Fran
23-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Yes, I have decided to mate Maddie to a chocolate dog as the majority of interest I have in the litter want chocs. She should be ready to stand for him from Sunday onwards so it's just a case of waiting now until she is ready :-)

Mags
23-06-2005, 09:57 PM
Ooooh how exciting....don't forget you promised Em you would keep one :wink:

Fran
23-06-2005, 10:00 PM
I did Mags, but my intention was to keep a black pup and I didn't have Claude and Clooney at the time. If one really appeals to me I may, otherwise I will wait until I have a choc and black litter to keep a black girl :-)

Mags
23-06-2005, 10:31 PM
All these colours sound complicated to me :roll: