PDA

View Full Version : What odd things do your cat eat?

Jeanette
17-06-2005, 09:25 PM
My Oliver eats potato peels (sp?) from raw potatoes.

He loves peas not frozen but straight from the pods.. I cant open one, without him sitting here clawing me to get a pea and bite my finger cos he's so gready.... :?

Then he eats raw cabbage

What do your kitties eat of strange things??

Fran
17-06-2005, 09:28 PM
I used to have a cat who ate curry and chips :? . Lucky my eighteen year old has a passion for chocolate and crisps (who says healthy eating is the way to a long life :lol: ). My younger cats go mad for the dog's raw diet. Sylvester can devour a whole raw chicken wing to himself :shock:

Jeanette
17-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Yikes!!! :shock:

So you feed raw???

I'm very interested in that, just havent dared to do the jump

Fran
17-06-2005, 09:31 PM

So you feed raw???

I feed my dogs raw and two of my cats have a part raw diet....

Mags
17-06-2005, 09:36 PM
Cassie loves cheese, bread, crisps.....put it in her dish and she won't touch it but put it on the floor and she can't get to it quick enough :roll:
I haven't tried her on greens though.
The only raw she has is http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/tiere/k010.gif

Fran
17-06-2005, 09:37 PM
Cassie loves cheese, bread, crisps.....put it in her dish and she won't touch it but put it on the floor and she can't get to it quick enough :roll:
I haven't tried her on greens though.
The only raw she has is http://www.cosgan.de/images/smilie/tiere/k010.gif

:lol: @ Mags

Moli
17-06-2005, 09:45 PM
My cats like..
Cheese..
crisps..
jam...
ham..
ice lollies..

Basically anything I am eating..

Jeanette
17-06-2005, 09:54 PM
Oooh forgot....

Oliver like the seeds in tomatoes..

If I have sliced tomatoes for salad, I have to keep and eye on them or Oliver will lick all the seeds out :roll:

Jeanette
17-06-2005, 09:56 PM

So you feed raw???

I feed my dogs raw and two of my cats have a part raw diet....

ooooh this could be a very interesting thread :)

Mags
17-06-2005, 09:59 PM
I must admit I haven't really tried Cassie with a lot of 'other food'. I might try some of your ideas....

Good thread OM!

Jeanette
17-06-2005, 10:06 PM
He he thank you. I actually were just wondering if it were just my Oliver who is weird :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mags
17-06-2005, 10:08 PM
We get to learn a lot from other peoples ideas and experiences.....

Jeanette
17-06-2005, 10:13 PM
Yes we do :)

Well this is really just Oliver's snacks.

He's fed Hills Senior for proper food... Dont know if its too early... He's 9 years old??

Mags
17-06-2005, 10:19 PM
I think they class senior cats from 8 years here OM.....

Fran
17-06-2005, 10:19 PM
I switched Lucky to a diet for elderly cats when she seemed to not be able to keep her weight on like she did. About a year ago and she is eighteen. I expect that like humans they are all different...

Kazz
17-06-2005, 10:24 PM
Cleo only eats - cat food, dried or packets - roast shoulder of lamb, roast chicken breast only thank you. Roast turkey, grilled steak, roast pork, salmon, cod, lemon sole, ham, scrambled eggs, pilchards/sardines in tom sauce, tuna and she loves cream, and adores cheese any sort the stronger the better.

Oscar eats all of the above bar cheese he never touches it.
He also eats fresh pasta, crisps (bar cheese and onion) marmite toast, loves to lick clean almost empty jars of fish/meat paste.
The oddest thing I suppose he eats is whatever the dog has he takes it off them :shock:

Mags
17-06-2005, 10:26 PM
....they don't ask for much then Kazz :-D

shonedek
17-06-2005, 10:35 PM
mine are fed on steamed fresh meat and vegatables,whatevers in season.Pumpkin they love.Fish is given onec a week and so it natural yougat.
sundays they get a whole roast chicken with veg but no gravy unless homemade

Mags
17-06-2005, 10:38 PM
Hi Sam! Well you feed yours a nice healthy diet....makes me feel a bit guilty :oops:

Jeanette
17-06-2005, 10:39 PM
Wow Karen and Shonedek!!! Oliver would be in heaven.

My Oliver is a bit chubby so he's on a diet. Which really just means he gets a bit less food...

shonedek
17-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Mine do get titbits like cheese ,but mine love veg peas being one of the favorates but i dont give potatoe,

Kazz
17-06-2005, 10:42 PM
Oh mine love the sunday lunch to and they do ask for lots Mags - anything they think they should have - I mean they know they are royalty :-D they just need to keep reminding us. :wink:

Mags
17-06-2005, 10:47 PM
:-D

Jeanette
17-06-2005, 10:50 PM
Mine do get titbits like cheese ,but mine love veg peas being one of the favorates but i dont give potatoe,

Oh I dont feed him potato, its just that while I'm peeling potatoes he will come and steal a peel from the sink :lol: :lol:

I wont let him have very much