PDA

View Full Version : Danger! Cats can alter your personality!

Azz
14-06-2005, 11:20 PM
THEY may look like lovable pets but Britain’s estimated 9m domestic cats are being blamed by scientists for infecting up to half the population with a parasite that can alter people’s personalities.

The startling figures emerge from studies into toxoplasma gondii, a parasite carried by almost all the country’s feline population. They show that half of Britain’s human population carry the parasite in their brains, and that infected people may undergo slow but crucial changes in their behaviour.
:shock:
Infected men, suggests one new study, tend to become more aggressive, scruffy, antisocial and are less attractive. Women, on the other hand, appear to exhibit the “sex kitten” effect, becoming less trustworthy, more desirable, fun- loving and possibly more promiscuous.
:shock: :shock:

So ladies............ ;) ;)

Anyone who fancies reading the whole Times article can read it here (http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,8122-826557_1,00.html).

Fran
14-06-2005, 11:34 PM
:shock: :shock: I'm going to have a read now Azz..

How are you Azz? We don't see much of you these days :roll:

Fran
14-06-2005, 11:41 PM
:? Not sure what to make of it. I know toxoplasmosis is dangerous to pregnant women but I have never heard anything like this before.....I have 6 cats so that must mean I have 6 times a greater chance of getting infected :shock:

Azz
15-06-2005, 02:40 AM
Hi PK

Am good thanks. Been busy lately with the house and everything and then DW takes up most of my spare time.. but thats good in a way because when DW is running how I want... I'll do the same for Catpages! :lol:

Hope everything is well with you!
x

Fran
15-06-2005, 10:28 AM
Glad you are ok Azz. I hope you are not going to make CP as complicated as DW, I still can't find my way around DW :lol:

Mags
15-06-2005, 03:40 PM
I too knew about the dangers to pregnant women but this.......well :shock: :shock:

Just thought......I wonder if that is what OH has :-D :-D :-D .......also, you'll have to let me know if you think I've changed Azz :wink: :smt005 :smt005

Nice to hear you're ok Azz.....take as long as you want with DW changes as we're in no hurry for alterations to CP :lol:

Moli
15-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Maybe thats what wrong with my hubby too!!Don't change too much on cp's Azz, its great how it is...Don't like change!