PDA

View Full Version : she pee'ed

bobbie3917
13-06-2005, 04:27 PM
hi all
as you know
i have a 6 month old MC girl that is fully litter trained
well, last night she decided to pee on the dogs bed :shock:, now she often sleeps on the dogs bed with them or on her own. she was locked in the room but her litter tray was in there with her. she is in her first call but i did not think that she would do that and just to add its not her marking it was a puddle.
i was really up set this morning when i sore it and i think i will have to get ride of the bed now as it was socked though
any1 have any ideas why she did this.

just to add that Sky is not her at the moment she has gone back to the breeder but is coming his this weekend

shonedek
13-06-2005, 06:49 PM
my girls also do this when in call.Its just part of the calling.Dont worry she couldnt help herself,she was just advertising that shes in call.
In an earlier post you mentioned her call was quite,well if this is her first its called a kitten call and normally after that one they get louder but thats Persians not sure on MC.

Mags
13-06-2005, 06:50 PM
Hi Nat
How strange that she started doing that....I haven't got an answer for you but Oliver's Mum had the same problem with her cat (but he is a tom). She posted in the Cat Related Discussions back in January'05 if you want to check it out.

I hope there is nothing wrong with Sky :?

bobbie3917
13-06-2005, 08:47 PM
thanks Sam and Mags

yes she is in call Sam and i although its not a loud call she is getting there :) sky had 2 calls before she went back to her breeder so i know how loud they can get (drives OH mad :lol: )

i will check them answer out mags thanks

and Sky has gone back to the breeder to go to stud
the breeder is down sizing and can no longer keep her stud so wants a kitten off him and sky (it was past of the deal that i had her)

bobbie3917
15-06-2005, 10:45 AM
hi again

i have also asked this question on another list and i have been told that i might have to get used to it as she might do it every time she is in call :(
she has peed 3 times now that where not in her tray's one by the said of my bed and then last night on my daughters coat :( do u think i could crate her at night? it would be with a bed and a litter tray and here food

i have to do somthing me house is now starting to smell :(

Fran
15-06-2005, 10:56 AM
Not sure on this one Nat... If you crate her up at night, it won't stop her doing it in the day so not sure what to advise.

I haven't experienced this problem. The only entire cat I have is Maud and the only problem I have with her is she won't use the same litter tray as the kitts, so I have put one in an area she can get to but they can't and it has sorted the problem out. Perhaps Sam may be able to offer some advice...

bobbie3917
15-06-2005, 11:45 AM
thanks PK
she dont tend to do it in the day at all, well not that i have seen anyway

Jeanette
15-06-2005, 06:25 PM
Hi Nat

yes my Oliver did pee in Luna's bed, but it turns out its cos he thought it was too cold on the balcony during the winterseason, so I cant help you :(

shonedek
15-06-2005, 06:59 PM
Dont know about crateing as some cats hate it,but she may be fine.
When my girls are in call we have a special room they go in if not being bred from as they will pee when in call.You will need to watch her after her call as some will continue to pee when off call.its more like spraying then so just watch her.